Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
How to evaluate a Table Key Lookup attribute in order to assign a User Group based on a selected val
Terri_Fisher_(tjfisher@clinapps.com_-_(deleted))
Hello, I have a Table Key Lookup attribute called Department. A Department is selected by the user when initiating the workflow. I want to be able to assign a User Group attribute based upon the Department selected. If Department 'IT' is selected, I want to assign the "IT Admin" group. If Department 'GMS' is selected, I want to assign the "GMS Admin" group, and so on. This group value will be used to assign user steps in the workflow and as a recipient in E-Mail steps.I've tried using another Table Key Lookup attribute that captures the NodeID of the group I want. However, I can't assign a step based on this type of attribute. It wants the attribute to be of type 'User'.I've also tried using an Evaluate expression, but there doesn't seem to be a way to differentiate among the possible values for a Table Key Lookup attribute in the Expression. It simply fills in the entire SQL statement from the Table Key Lookup attribute, without any way to edit the statement.Even if I split up the Table Key Lookup into the 3 possible attributes, they don't evaluate properly to True/False. For instance, the attribute whose SQL code is "select distinct decode(Department,'IT','8856803','GMS','8856359','GDD','8856804','Error') from XDEPT where Department = and Department = 'IT'" resolves properly when IT is selected and shows when GMS or GDD is selected. However, the attribute does not resolve to True in the Evaluate step when IT is selected.Any ideas?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Terri_Fisher_(tjfisher@clinapps.com_-_(deleted))
P.S. The environment is Livelink 9.5.0, with the following module versions:Livelink Attributes 1.0.0Attribute Extensions Module 3.0.4Livelink eSign 2.5.1Livelink Admin Server 2.1.5XML Workflow Extensions 3.1.0Livelink Node Types 2.2.0Livelink Users and Groups 2.2.0Livelink Java Workflow Painter 4.5.0Livelink Workflow 4.5.0Livelink eSign Extended Features 2.5.1This is a signing workflow.