Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Displaying decimal places in Livereport
Bob_Roos_(bob_roos@amis.com_-_(deleted))
I am trying to get a Livereport to display a number with decimal places, like "5.55". Currently my Livereport always truncates the decimals and displays only the integer portion. If I use this SQL statement:select 5.55 "Test" from dualThe Livereport returns only: 5If I convert the number to a string first, like this, it works fine:select to_char(5.55, '9,999.99') "Test" from dual - returns 5.55What am I missing here? How can I get the Livereport to return the decimal portion of my numbers, without having to convert everything to a char first?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bhupinder_Singh
Message from Bhupinder Singh <
bsingh@opentext.com
> via eLink
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">eLink
I think you will have to use the string conversion. I found a bug in this regards in our bugs database:
Bug # LPAD-284
LiveReports don't return real numbers. Results are truncated.
From the bug details:
[Customer's LiveReport] gives the following output:
NAME CREATEDATE MODIFYDATE Rating Total Rating Avg
Test Doc Name 07/27/2007 08:39 PM 08/21/2007 10:53 AM 11 3
[Whereas it should] show 11.00 and 3.67 for the last two fields...
- Bhupinder
------------------------------------------------------
Bhupinder Singh, B.Math., B.Ed.
Senior Product Specialist, Customer Support
Open Text Corporation, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Customer support e-mail: support@opentext.com
Customer Support Telephone: 800-540-7292
------------------------------------------------------
From:
eLink Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion [mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com]
Sent:
Tuesday, November 27, 2007 11:59 AM
To:
eLink Recipient
Subject:
Displaying decimal places in Livereport
Displaying decimal places in Livereport
Posted by
bob_roos@amis.com
(Roos, Bob) on 11/27/2007 11:49 AM
I am trying to get a Livereport to display a number with decimal places, like "5.55". Currently my Livereport always truncates the decimals and displays only the integer portion.
If I use this SQL statement:
select 5.55 "Test" from dual
The Livereport returns only: 5
If I convert the number to a string first, like this, it works fine:
select to_char(5.55, '9,999.99') "Test" from dual
- returns 5.55
What am I missing here? How can I get the Livereport to return the decimal portion of my numbers, without having to convert everything to a char first?