Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
CSIDE and OScript
Help for displaying the metadata( hover)
Shantanu_Bhattacharya_(sbhattacharya_-_(deleted))
Can anyone help me out with this feature. I want the metadata of the item to be displayed as a hover, a small window which will pop up showing the data when I take the mouse over the item.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Appu_Nair
Hi Shantanu, I hope you know builder,but in most of the cases when you view a folder and its contents,I guess browseview.html or browseviecore I am not sure which ,under webnodes is shown.This view is built up on values coming from a view within livelink called webnodes.Some other container objects like projects use its own presentation files though.If metadata and by that you mean category/attribute data is not in that view you cannot expose that.So you would first have to make data available.Note weblingo is already html processed by the OVM,client javascript can only process what came to it,otherwise it would mean a re-submit.So I would probably expose the added data(metadata) somehow before the page is rendered and build it into javascript arrays.When your hover event is then clicked,it is pulling the info from those already built arrays.Webreports can build you a view that you are looking for it even has a tag to go after the metadata,so can your customers use a webreport view as against a standrad livelink weblingo file.There are good tools out there some of them here(htmlmap,customizations_RT,otoverride ) etc that help you to do development without disturbing core code as well.
Shantanu_Bhattacharya_(sbhattacharya_-_(deleted))
Hi AppuWe appreciate your prompt reply.We are actually new to development in Livelink.We have been going through the Module debvvelopment guide and were able to create the address book module that they have given.But we were not successfull in making the helloworld java module.Can you suggest if there is anyone in MUMBAI who could give us training on Builder,Oscript and Java module development in Livelink and LAPI .(in a nutshell some SDK training).