Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
CreateObjectEx with createInfo.catXML
Andrew_Blinco
I am using lapi with vb.net and trying to create a new document via the CreateObjectEx function. I want to create the documents categories and attributes by using the createInfo.catXML option in the createInfo parameter.I am able to retrieve the category XML document I want via the GetObjectAttributesXML function. However, I am getting an error when trying to use this document in the createInfo parameter:"The data type is not compatible"I think the problem is in the way I am constructing the catXML assoc for use in the createInfo Assoc.Is anybody able to point out where I am going wrong? Code attached
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Louis_Routhier
I tried your exact code this morning and it worked exactly as expected. The only things I changed were the different IDs to match our system.Could you provide the XML you get from you GetObjectAttributesXML method?Do you have access to LL Builder?
Andrew_Blinco
Hi LouisI checked this post for a few weeks after submitting but got no reply so stopped looking. Thanks for your response.I am revisiting this issue and still getting the same problem.Attached is the xml string I am returning. I am curious to see other examples in C# that convert the string to bytes:byte[] updatedXML = System.Text.Encoding.ASCII.GetBytes(xmlDoc.OuterXml);docs.SetObjectAttributesXML(session, objID, versionNum, updatedXML);I dont have access to LL Builder - tried to install but get an error saying cant access list of LL services