Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Dealing with categorys and Lists -- special character for empty fields '?'
Taavi_Ilves
I want to make one application which fills field A (simple text field) in one category, if that field A is empty.When I use AttrGetValues() and field A is filled with text "blabla", then AttrGetValues() returns List as "{blabla}". But when A is not filled, it returns List "{?}", which is very confusing.What is this '?' value? How can I test if this List contains normal '?' (ascii code 63) or special '?'Thank you!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Taavi_Ilves
I use Java LAPI and Livelink 9.7
Carsten_Kulms
The ? is the string representation of the UNDEFINED value.If you inspect the list of values by means of the LLValue API you'll find that it contains in case of "{?}" a LLValue with isUndefined()==truein case of "{blabla}" a LLValue with isString()==true
Taavi_Ilves
Thanks for your reply.I define attrValues like this:LLValue attrValues = new LLValue().setList();I use AttrGetValues which sets attrValues to represent data inside category field.attrValues.isList() == True(both with filled in string in category and blank field in category (NULL in db)).attrValues.isString()==False (both with filled in string in category and blank field in category (NULL in db)).attrValues.isUndefined()==False (both with filled in string in category and blank field in category (NULL in db)).I can use attrValues.toString() and it gives me "{blabla}" or "{?}" (in case of empty field) as a string. .toBoolean(), .toDate() and .toDouble() obviously fail. I'm currently out of any ideas how to test the field correctly, but use oracle jdbc, but then LAPI loses its point.
Pierre_Nocera
Message from Pierre Nocera <
pnocera@opentext.com
> via eLink
eLink
the attrValues LLValue you define is a List. So you shouldn't check for attrValues.isUndefined(), but for the first item in attrValues is defined or not.
Pierre
De:
eLink Discussion: LAPI Discussion [mailto:lapi@elinkkc.opentext.com]
Date:
mar. 11/03/2008 14:22
À:
eLink Recipient
Objet :
attrGetValues returns List
attrGetValues returns List
Posted by
taaviilves
(Ilves, Taavi) on 03/11/2008 09:17 AM
In reply to:
the ? is the string representation of Undefined (not a special text)
Posted by
ckulms
(Kulms, Carsten) on 03/11/2008 08:17 AM
Thanks for your reply.
I define attrValues like this:
LLValue attrValues = new LLValue().setList();
I use AttrGetValues which sets attrValues to represent data inside category field.
attrValues.isList() == True(both with filled in string in category and blank field in category (NULL in db)).
attrValues.isString()==False (both with filled in string in category and blank field in category (NULL in db)).
attrValues.isUndefined()==False (both with filled in string in category and blank field in category (NULL in db)).
I can use attrValues.toString() and it gives me "{blabla}" or "{?}" (in case of empty field) as a string. .toBoolean(), .toDate() and .toDouble() obviously fail.
I'm currently out of any ideas how to test the field correctly, but use oracle jdbc, but then LAPI loses its point.
[To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]
Topic:
Dealing with categorys and Lists -- special character for empty fields '?'
Discussion:
LAPI Discussion
Livelink Server:
Knowledge Center
To Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail to
unsubscribe.lapi@elinkkc.opentext.com
.
Taavi_Ilves
Yes, you hit the core of this question actually. I didn't say it out loud, but I really didn't know how to do it. attrValues.getValue(0) is represents the first member of this list.attrValues.getValue(0).isUndefined == true in case of {?}Thanks for your ideas, I'm able to continue my work.
Taavi_Ilves
Sadly this .toValue(int n) isn't documented under my LAPI documentation and JavaDoc isn't available also, so I was mislooking it.Do you have .toValue(int n) explanation in your documentation under "Value API: Java and .NET" ?
Carsten_Kulms
Please have a look at section "Field Retrieval Methods" of the chapter "Value API: Java and .NET".
Taavi_Ilves
Yes. I've overlooked it hundred times. Thank you. Case closed.