We have the same issue here. We canactually execute the same report with several different users. However, withother users, we get a CGI timeout or no results returned (when results do exist).
Our reports do not contain anythingspecific to users or permission sets. By changing a users permission to SystemAdmin seems to correct the issue – but that isn’t a viablesolution.
I know that wasn’t much help –but you’re not alone.
From: eLinkDiscussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion[mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Friday, April 25, 2008 2:17PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: Execution of Livereportsfails for users; works for Admins
Execution of Livereports fails for users; works for Admins
Posted by gdatsadmin (Higgins, Michael R) on 04/25/2008 02:05 PM
We have some livereports that when executed by an Admin will take just a few seconds. If a normal user executes them, the session will return a CGI Timeout. I am assuming there is a permission to set somewhere, but don't know where it is. The query is only running in one folder whcih the user has been able to navigate to. A couple months ago, this was working fine. Help!
Well, I look forward to seeing thisfunction. I opened a ticket this morning with them – I figured 2 monthsof me banging my head on the wall was enough. As for the filter permission andthings of that nature, I have none. Too many children, the query is returningfrom one volume so I can’t see that being an issue.
From: eLinkDiscussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion[mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Friday, April 25, 2008 2:30PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: Maybe the user is part ofa group that is going round and round ,that pointed...
Maybe the user is part of a group that is going round and round ,that pointed...
Posted by anair@alitek.com (Nair, Appu) on 04/25/2008 04:28 PM
In reply to: what is the code in the livereport? anything that is user specific?
Posted by timothy.hunter.ctr@wpafb.af.mil (Hunter, Tim ) on 04/25/2008 02:49 PM
Maybe the user is part of a group that is going round and round ,that pointed to recursive problems in enumerating permissions.So I would check if this user is part of a group that is not resolvable by livelink.OT support will send you a function that when executed will try to tell you whether or not there are recursive groups within livelink.I would think that when Admin is the user permission's checks are bypassed.Or take out the "filter permisssons" mask in your livereport and see if it speeds up. Just some suggestions or maybe the folder has too many children it is trying to paint
Maybe the user is part of a group that is going round and round ,that pointed to recursive problems in enumerating permissions.So I would check if this user is part of a group that is not resolvable by livelink.OT support will send you a function that when executed will try to tell you whether or not there are recursive groups within livelink.I would think that when Admin is the user permission's checks are bypassed.Or take out the "filter permisssons" mask in your livereport and see if it speeds up.Just some suggestions or maybe the folder has too many children it is trying to paint
It seems that I may have hijacked thisthread and that was not my intention (forgive me Tim).
Our particular db is Oracle. Bhupinder,not sure if you’re able to see the tickets that came in today. But if you’reinterested in troubleshooting this with me perhaps you’d be interested intaking the case.?.
From: eLinkDiscussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion[mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Friday, April 25, 2008 2:52PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: RE RE Maybe the user ispart of a group that is going round and round ,that pointed...
RE RE Maybe the user is part of a group that is going round and round ,that pointed...
Posted by bsingh (Singh, Bhupinder) on 04/25/2008 04:51 PM
In reply to: RE Maybe the user is part of a group that is going round and round ,that pointed...
Posted by joe.vocioni@gov.ab.ca (Vocioni, Joe) on 04/25/2008 04:40 PM
Message from Bhupinder Singh <bsingh@opentext.com> via eLink
It would be interesting to see what the Livelink connect logs have to say for the LiveReport run request when executed by the user versus when executed by Admin or Sys Admin. Perhaps it can be remedied by tuning the database. Are you using Oracle or SQL Server, and what version of the database is being used?
- Bhupinder
---------------------------------------------- Bhupinder Singh, B.Math, B.Ed. Senior Systems Analyst, Information Technology Open Text, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada ----------------------------------------------
From: eLink Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion [mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Friday, April 25, 2008 4:41 PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: RE Maybe the user is part of a group that is going round and round ,that pointed...
RE Maybe the user is part of a group that is going round and round ,that pointed...
In reply to: Maybe the user is part of a group that is going round and round ,that pointed...
Message from Joe Vocioni <Joe.Vocioni@gov.ab.ca> via eLink
Well, I look forward to seeing this function. I opened a ticket this morning with them – I figured 2 months of me banging my head on the wall was enough. As for the filter permission and things of that nature, I have none. Too many children, the query is returning from one volume so I can’t see that being an issue.
From: eLink Discussion: Livelink LiveReports Discussion [mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Friday, April 25, 2008 2:30 PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: Maybe the user is part of a group that is going round and round ,that pointed...
<HR< p>
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.
----------------------------------------------Bhupinder Singh, B.Math, B.Ed.Senior Systems Analyst, Information TechnologyOpen Text, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada----------------------------------------------