Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
conflict in Livelink with a customview that load Jquery (javascript)
Jean-Philippe_Martin
Hi, I have included a zip file to describe my problem. I tryed to reduce this to the bare minimum. There is 2 file: A javascript file that include the latest version of JQuery (a popular javascript Library) that I want to use in a customview. This file should be added to Livelink (note the nodeid). A html file called customview.htm that should be used to create a customview. In it there is a script that call the first javascript file. (You have to change the variable "fiJavascripts" with the nodeid of the first Javascript file).So, this customview will display a small yellow arrow at the right of the screen. When this arrow is clicked, a small message says "loaded" which mean the script is working. The problem is that when i go to another folder a Javascript error is thrown. So i think it is a conflict with Jquery. I tryed the same thing with a Prototype.js (another popular Javascript library) and did not get this error. Do you know what could be the problem ?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Jean Philippe Forti
Did you find a way to fix it?Thanks,JP
Pierre_Nocera
Hi Jean-PhilippeWhich version of LL ? Do you have Communities ? Did you try with JQuery 1.4 ?If another javascript library like prototype is loaded, you can try to follow instruction at
http://docs.jquery.com/Using_jQuery_with_Other_LibrariesPierre
Jean Philippe Forti
Hi Pierre,I use jQuery 1.2.6 and Livelink 9.7.1 and we have Communities 3.8.0.Are you aware of issues with the preceding combination.I have a javascript error when I leave the page.I am trying to make the following custom view working on my Livelink environment: "Customview (MASTER)" can be accessed via the following link:
http://www.innovate-online.com/knowzone/livelink.exe/open/12132830As
you can see on this site the error also exists.Any suggestions?
Jean-Philippe_Martin
I did not retry it with the latest jquery. But I have a couple customview that use jquery 1.3.2 and do not have this problem anymore. You could try to load it inline in the first page that load the other script. ex:if (typeof jQuery == 'undefined') { // copy paste the whole jquery code inline here}And put this test in the 2nd file also to not load it twice. Also, If you are on Livelink 9.7.1, please read this :
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll?func=ll&objId=16342817&objAction=ArticleView&viewType=1
Jean Philippe Forti
I tried with jquery 1.4, I do not have the error when I leave the page.BUT, the code of the custom view I grabbed on this site (
http://www.innovate-online.com/knowzone/livelink.exe/open/12132830)
does not work anymore (see customview in attachment).Any idea of an update internally at Open Text?Thanks,