I would suggest a couple of things:
a) Ideally the SP shouldn’t generate this error table, and or could use an existing column in the normal table to specify an error. Ideally there should be a way to [allow] the SP to throw a normal error.
b) Depending on what the intended output is, you could use either:
a. INCLUDEIF logic (to block [any] rows that don’t have valid data in one of the normal columns)
b. _IF/ENDIF to select different code depending on which table is being used
c. DECODE sub-tag for each column tag so that if Invalid tag is being returned, you can convert it to some default value
In a/b/c you should also use the [LL_WEBREPORT_SUPPRESSERRORLOG /] to prevent the error messages at the bottom. This is fairly normal for reports that are deployed on production systems."
Hi,
You could just use something like this:
[LL_WEBREPORT_IF "[LL_REPTAG=SBU/]" == "* Invalid Tag Error *" /]
[LL_WEBREPORT_ELSE /]
[LL_WEBREPORT_ENDIF /]
From: eLink Discussion:Livelink LiveReports Discussion[mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: August 26, 2008 12:03 PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: RE Incorporating New SQL Server 2005 Try and Catch statementsinto Live and WebReports
RE Incorporating New SQL Server 2005 Try and Catch statements into Live and WebReports
Posted by kristyshen (Shen, Kristy) on 08/26/2008 02:00 PM
In reply to: RE RE Incorporating New SQL Server 2005 Try and Catch statements into Live and WebReports
Posted by bsingh (Singh, Bhupinder) on 08/26/2008 01:15 PM
Hi Bhupinder: Thanks for you response. It's not that there's an error in the sp, it's the fact that I've added try and catch statements. So the error is generated because I deliberately choose a scenario where there is a primary key voilation and I had the catch statement catch this error and print on the information that is shown in the livereport. I was hoping that I could use a tag in the webreport to handle this case and print out the same output as the livereport. For point b) _IF/ENDIF to select different code depending on which table is being used I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this. The webreport tags I'm currently using just gets the data from that specific column from the result set. However, if the error occurs, that column doesn't exist. So how do I detect that the column doesn't exist because the error info is being printed?
[To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]
Topic:
Incorporating New SQL Server 2005 Try and Catch statements into Live and WebReports
Discussion:
Livelink LiveReports Discussion
Livelink Server:
knowledge-wlweb01
To Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail to unsubscribe.livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com.