Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Problem with Delete
Gaurav_Sharma
Hi, when I delete a document from opentext it is removed from the interface, but if I again try to delete the document from opentext via LAPI, I can detete it again. Not only that, I am able to copy and get document metadata of the deleted document. Please let me know if there is someway I can actually delete a document in opentextRegards,Gaurav
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bhupinder_Singh
Message from Bhupinder Singh <
bsingh@opentext.com
> via eLink
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">eLink
When you delete it from opentext (Livelink), it likely ends up in the Deleted Documents Volume, so it would still exist. You would have to delete it from there to "permanently" delete it from Livelink. However, if you have the optional Recycle Bin module installed, the behaviour is different -- it goes to Recycle Bin Volume instead.
- Bhupinder
----------------------------------------------
Bhupinder Singh, B.Math, B.Ed.
Senior Systems Analyst, Information Technology
Open Text, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
----------------------------------------------
From:
eLink Discussion: LAPI Discussion [mailto:lapi@elinkkc.opentext.com]
Sent:
Monday, August 25, 2008 9:52 AM
To:
eLink Recipient
Subject:
Problem with Delete
Problem with Delete
Posted by
gauravsharma@hbosplc.com
(Sharma, Gaurav) on 08/25/2008 09:49 AM
Hi,
when I delete a document from opentext it is removed from the interface, but if I again try to delete the document from opentext via LAPI, I can detete it again. Not only that, I am able to copy and get document metadata of the deleted document. Please let me know if there is someway I can actually delete a document in opentext
Regards,
Gaurav