Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Can I call an .EXE file from oScript?
John W. Simon, Jr.
I've seen this post -->
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll?func=ll&objId=3108998&objAction=view&show=2#1)
has anything changed since 2003?#2) why is Excel different? Basically it is an EXE yet I am allowed to start/create an excel spreadsheet using sockets...just open the socket, send a 'Content-Type: application/vnd.ms-excel' down the socket, and you got an excel spreadsheet. Can I not use this same idea for any .EXE?Thanks and Regards,John Simon
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Appu_Nair
See this thread too-->
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll?func=ll&objId=3971380&objAction=view#1
starting in 9.6 onwards you can call a java class file from oscript.Rolf Poser has a module that does this.I tried it and it works but I did not try calling an executable.#2 Socket method-Everybody says it is not thread safe so when using that make it a singleton.OI code shows you how to do a singleton.I used it to call a web service after talking a lot of technical stuff with Howard Pell,who kindly showed me the how and Why's of thread sfaety was.I can look at my email and send you the jist if needed.