Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Configure DS 3 to authenticate against windows 2003 active directory?
glkev
Using DS3, I am able to LDAP sync between livelink and my windows 2003 active directory.I tried to configure a LDAP authentication source against my AD, following DS installation/admin guide. Regardless what I tried, I always got invalid user/password. Any idea?Thanks,Al
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Matt Eidson
Message from Matthew Eidson via eLinkAl, Which web/application server are you using? Thanks, ____________________________________________Matt EidsonAppTier, LLCMobile: 213.280.2870Toll Free: 888.901.7774 x4003Email: matt@apptier.com ____________________________________________________________________________From: eLink Discussion: Livelink Directory Services Discussion [mailto:directoryservices@elinkkc.opentext.com]Sent: Tue 2/17/2009 9:15 PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: Configure DS 3 to authenticate against windows 2003 active directory?Configure DS 3 to authenticate against windows 2003 active directory?Posted by Zhong, Albert on 2009/02/18 00:11Using DS3, I am able to LDAP sync between livelink and my windows 2003 active directory.I tried to configure a LDAP authentication source against my AD, following DS installation/admin guide. Regardless what I tried, I always got invalid user/password. Any idea?Thanks,Al[To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]============================================================Discussion: Livelink Directory Services Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll/open/3062146Livelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dllTo
Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail to unsubscribe.directoryservices@elinkkc.opentext.com.
Michael_Heisch_(sglcadmin12_-_(deleted))
why do you not authenticate with NTLM???-->>SSO --> no user/password required...more usability
glkev
I am using IIS 6 on windows 2003 with active directory.Al
glkev
I tried NTLM and it failed to. With NTLM I can't sync user and I kept getting the RPC server not available for the NTLM sync.For NTLM, I have disabled IIS anonymous access, and turned on either clear text or windows integrated security, and neither one gave me luck.The reason I use active directory, is eventually we would have multiple authenticate source, and they are LDAP base.Al
Matt Eidson
Message from Matthew Eidson via eLinkAl, As Michael mentioned, why not use Integrated Windows Authentication (IWA)? IIS can do basic authentication (user/password challenge) to AD but, IIS will not do LDAP authentication out of the box with a custom ISAPI filter. Thanks, ____________________________________________Matt EidsonAppTier, LLCMobile: 213.280.2870Toll Free: 888.901.7774 x4003Email: matt@apptier.com ____________________________________________________________________________From: eLink Discussion: Livelink Directory Services Discussion [mailto:directoryservices@elinkkc.opentext.com]Sent: Wed 2/18/2009 8:25 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: I am using IIS 6 on windows 2003 with active directory.I am using IIS 6 on windows 2003 with active directory.Posted by Zhong, Albert on 2009/02/18 11:24I am using IIS 6 on windows 2003 with active directory.Al[To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]============================================================Topic: Configure DS 3 to authenticate against windows 2003 active directory?
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll/open/15852291Discussion
: Livelink Directory Services Discussion
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll/open/3062146Livelink
Server:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dllTo
Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail to unsubscribe.directoryservices@elinkkc.opentext.com.
Chris_Wagg
Message from Chris Wagg <
cwagg@opentext.com
> via eLink
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">eLink
use NTLM (integrated windows) auth with LDAP synch. The synch method does not need to match the authentication method. The synch just gets the users into Livelink, while the authentication method gets them logged in.
---------------------------------------
Chris Wagg
Principal Product Specialist
Escalations Support Team
Open Text Corporation
Ph: 800-540-7292
---------------------------------------
From:
eLink Discussion: Livelink Directory Services Discussion [mailto:directoryservices@elinkkc.opentext.com]
Sent:
Wednesday, February 18, 2009 11:31 AM
To:
eLink Recipient
Subject:
I tried NTLM and it failed to. With NTLM I can't sync user and I kept getting...
I tried NTLM and it failed to. With NTLM I can't sync user and I kept getting...
Posted by
azhong@infusedsolutions.com
(Zhong, Albert) on 2009/02/18 11:29
In reply to:
why do you not authenticate with NTLM???
Posted by
sglcadmin12
(Heisch, Michael) on 2009/02/18 11:10
I tried NTLM and it failed to. With NTLM I can't sync user and I kept getting the RPC server not available for the NTLM sync.
For NTLM, I have disabled IIS anonymous access, and turned on either clear text or windows integrated security, and neither one gave me luck.
The reason I use active directory, is eventually we would have multiple authenticate source, and they are LDAP base.
Al
Michael_Heisch_(sglcadmin12_-_(deleted))
we sync via LDAP and authenticate via NTLM Domain\usernameit does not exclude each otherYes in IIS you have to deactivate every thing else integrated authentication. The username in the Remoteuser-field must match with the LL username