Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Workflow audit trail
Ann_Loftus
Is it possible to output the results of a single workflow instance to a Livereport? And to automate it? My client wants an output of the audit trail for each instance that all the approvals we complete with all the details: who, when, etc? What would that code look like for Oracle?thanks!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Appu_Nair
I am not sure if a LiveReport can run on a schedule.Very simply put a LR just executes raw SQL and out puts some livelink specific things such as if the table dtree is involved its puts a functions button on the dtree.dataid and such like.The automation can be acheived by ever so many ways.I usually write a simple C# or VBS solution that executes the SQL and send it to people by email.This can then be run on a windows or unix cron job.Webreports has an inbuilt scheduler and a lot of tags that will make it look like the workflow audit trail.It is an optional module.Livelink BI is yet another product(requires you to set up a BI server and associated stuff) and then from the familiar livelink interface you can call/schedule/email those.As far as the report logic is concerned,the table you are looking for is wworkaudit and I have the rudimentatry SQL written for a LLserver on SQLserver db.Mostly it will look like the audit trail that you see in the GUI.I researched this for a project I was doing and I ended up calling this one line of oscript which gave me the formatting without the cryptic numbers that you will have to replace when writing SQL."AUDITTRAIL_SQL.txt" can be accessed via the following link:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll/open/16014979Note
I don't have the performerid numbers changed to real people's names by joining it to kuafthis is the approach I took via oscript and my event script can be found hereThis is how I wrote that in oscriptDynamic auditEntries=$WFMain.WAPIPkg.GetAuditRec(prgCtx,workid,undefined,undefined)"auditreport.txt" can be accessed via the following link:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll/open/16014879The
advanced livelink schema course can teach you a lot about livelink schema.