Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
setobjectright and public access restore problem
Thanh_Ho
Hi everyone,We have a dozen of items with "public access" permission record deleted. Normally, they can be restored using LL web interface. However, we want to do it automatically via Java and LAPI. When I tried using SetObjectRight to either add or update RIGHT_WORLD, it didn't work properly and there seems to be a bug somewhere in the system. The main problem seems to be that "public access" is a "public" acltype but not standard type.Can anyone help?Thank you,Thanh
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
sıɹɥɔ
Message from Chris Webster <
cwebster@opentext.com
> via eLink
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">eLink
Hi Thanh,
I've reproduced the issue you've described and I agree that it appears to be something that SetObjectRight does not do. In fact I could not find a way to restore Public Access to a node using LAPI. (This is surprising so I'm probably missing something.)
I'd suggest you open a ticket with
support@opentext.com
to have this omission confirmed.
You
can
restore Public Access to a node with OScript (call the node's NodeRightRestore method), but I can't think of an easy supported way of performing this from LAPI.
-chris
From:
eLink Discussion: LAPI Discussion [mailto:lapi@elinkkc.opentext.com]
Sent:
Monday, March 23, 2009 10:31 AM
To:
eLink Recipient
Subject:
setobjectright and public access restore problem
setobjectright and public access restore problem
Posted by
thanh.ho@mottmac.com
(Ho, Thanh) on 2009/03/23 11:27
Hi everyone,
We have a dozen of items with "public access" permission record deleted. Normally, they can be restored using LL web interface. However, we want to do it automatically via Java and LAPI. When I tried using SetObjectRight to either add or update RIGHT_WORLD, it didn't work properly and there seems to be a bug somewhere in the system. The main problem seems to be that "public access" is a "public" acltype but not standard type.
Can anyone help?
Thank you,
Thanh
Thanh_Ho
Chris, thanks very much.I did open a ticket but your idea of using oScript may be very helpful. It is obviously not easy considering we have to write relevant processes in Java but it will give a way.