I knew I could count on you Appu J Thanks.
Hello Sailendra,
Welcome to the wonderful world of Builder programming.There is a lot of exciting stuff for you to learn. May I echo Appu’sthoughts that your first exposure to programming in Builder is to take ourBuilder Fundamentals training course? You can find the information about ithere:
http://www.opentext.com/training/coursedetails.html?id=1535
I hope to see you in one of my classes.
He is also correct in saying you will geta lot of help from the people in these discussions; however, knowing thefundamentals before you ask questions will go a long way towards helping youunderstanding the answers.
Howard
---
Howard Pell
Senior Technical Educator Liaison, SpecialProjects
Open Text Corporation
www.opentext.com
Office: (519) 888-7111 Ext. 2203
Mobile (519) 574-2248
From: eLinkDiscussion: Development Discussion [mailto:development@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: 2009-Mar-24 11:02 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: It would be extremelyhelpful if you can study it under the auspices of...
It would be extremely helpful if you can study it under the auspices of...
Posted by anair@alitek.com (Nair, Appu) on 2009/03/24 10:57
In reply to: New to Customization/Builder Details
Posted by s.narayan.kundu@accenture.com (Kundu, Shailendra) on 2009/03/24 10:38
It would be extremely helpful if you can study it under the auspices of OpenText training (Howard Pell and his excellent team of instructors).Otherwise the rudimentary architecture can be understood by installing builder and its help and going through the "addressbook module".It may be severely outdated by now.For a self learner(I was one a long time back ) the challenges I see are 1)Several new pampered techniques such as intellisense,syntax highlghting etc are not there.The new oclipse plugin may have that. 2)You should be prepared to understand datastructures really well as oscript relies heavily on those. 3)Above all try to understand what LL does s in your mind you can trace the execution.I find it extremely helpful.A self install of livelink and builder on a personal machine is a must for the development. The good thing you will find is you will get immense help from this forum if you are stuck on something
<hr
Hi Appu,
I know I sound childish but cant help. I have installed Builder. But could you please let me know how I launch the builder and from where..thanks in advance.
Ashis
Hi Ashis, The link to Builder will appear in your Start Menu of the machine where Builder was installed. Regards, Kyle
If you have a working 9.7.1 livelink server and if you have installed it on that instance, then builder would
Have made a shortcut for you. BTW here are a few things that you should understand and should be followed up to the letter.