Nishan,
You should know that Java Modules just providesread-only functionality and to the best of my knowledge is now in maintenancemode.
You should also know that while LAPIprovides for read/write functionality it too is now in maintenance mode. So ifyou are writing code that you hope to use for years to come then I suggest youseriously consider writing your code in either Builder or Web Services.
Howard
---
Howard Pell
Senior Technical Educator Liaison, SpecialProjects
Open Text Corporation
www.opentext.com
Office: (519) 888-7111 Ext. 2203
Mobile (519) 574-2248
From: eLinkDiscussion: LAPI Discussion [mailto:lapi@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: 2009-Apr-03 4:35 PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: Java SDK
Java SDK
Posted by nishanvijayaratnam (Vijayaratnam, Nishan) on 2009/04/03 16:32
In reply to: RE sample working
Posted by ckulms (Kulms, Carsten) on 2009/04/03 11:14
Hi Carsten, Thanks for the reply. I am actually just using Java API, but the documentation is a limited in the initialization of the classes. That is, you can look-up the class, but it does really say how to initialize the class or tie it into the session object. I do not believe I am mixing the LAPI and the Java code here, cause I can successfully connect to the Enterprise workspace, retrieve the ID and disconnect. However, I am unable to go further and retrieve the opentext.ini file preferences or the kini table preferences. So, the question was given that I have a LLSession and a LAPI_DOCUMENT, how do I use the java classes or initialize or connect to LLSession: 1. SystemPrefsFile llfile = SystemPrefsFile(); or 2. ServerPrefs llprefs = ServerPrefs.getInstance(); For example, I cannot do: SystemPrefsFile llfile = new SystemPrefsFile(LLSession); Thanks.