Right as always Appu!
The addressbook module that used to shipwith the SDK is very old and will probably not work with any version 9.x ofLivelink. What version of Livelink are you using? What are you trying toaccomplish by using the addressbook module?
A couple of years ago Hugh Fergusonupdated the addressbook module (I think to see if he could do it), and did agreat job. I’ve just tried it and it works with 9.7.1 but for some reasonthe gifs don’t show up. I don’t have time at the moment to figureit out but perhaps you could troubleshoot that and report back.
Of course the usual disclaimers apply tothis code – this is not for production use, Open Text Corporation doesnot sanction this code nor will they support it, your mileage may vary, etc. etc.Having said that, if you do modify it, please let Hugh know so he canincorporate your changes.
Hope this helps.
Howard
---
Howard Pell
Senior Technical Educator Liaison, SpecialProjects
Open Text Corporation
www.opentext.com
Office: (519) 888-7111 Ext. 2203
Mobile (519) 574-2248
From: eLinkDiscussion: Livelink Builder Discussion[mailto:componentbuilder@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: 2009-Apr-17 9:12 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: I could be severelymistaken on this but the addressbook module or its...
I could be severely mistaken on this but the addressbook module or its...
Posted by anair@alitek.com (Nair, Appu) on 2009/04/17 09:08
In reply to: Contents are not appearing in the Workspace on browse view
Posted by d.palanisamy@accenture.com (Palanisamy, Devaki) on 2009/04/17 02:53
I could be severely mistaken on this but the addressbook module or its methodology was probably written in the 8 days (in the 1999 era) I do not know if it is all updated with newer builder code.Where did you get this module? and whaa livelink system version are you trying it on.If you post the module here one of us probably coouuld take a look at it for you.My guess is that the addressbook module probably relied on old javascripting and maynot be aare of the DHTML menu's etc that is being used now.Try to attend Howard's training and I am sure you will get a updated module.
RE I could be severely mistaken on this but the addressbook module or its... Posted by hlpell (Pell, Howard) on 2009/04/17 10:05In reply to: I could be severely mistaken on this but the addressbook module or its... Posted by anair@alitek.com (Nair, Appu) on 2009/04/17 09:08 Message from Howard Pell <hlpell@opentext.com> via eLinkRight as always Appu!The addressbook module that used to shipwith the SDK is very old and will probably not work with any version 9.x ofLivelink. What version of Livelink are you using? What are you trying toaccomplish by using the addressbook module? A couple of years ago Hugh Fergusonupdated the addressbook module (I think to see if he could do it), and did agreat job. I’ve just tried it and it works with 9.7.1 but for some reasonthe gifs don’t show up. I don’t have time at the moment to figureit out but perhaps you could troubleshoot that and report back. Of course the usual disclaimers apply tothis code – this is not for production use, Open Text Corporation doesnot sanction this code nor will they support it, your mileage may vary, etc. etc.Having said that, if you do modify it, please let Hugh know so he canincorporate your changes. Hope this helps. Howard---Howard Pell Senior Technical Educator Liaison, SpecialProjects Open Text Corporation www.opentext.comOffice: (519) 888-7111 Ext. 2203 Mobile (519) 574-2248From: eLinkDiscussion: Livelink Builder Discussion[mailto:componentbuilder@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: 2009-Apr-17 9:12 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: I could be severelymistaken on this but the addressbook module or its... I could be severely mistaken on this but the addressbook module or its... Posted by anair@alitek.com (Nair, Appu) on 2009/04/17 09:08 In reply to: Contents are not appearing in the Workspace on browse view Posted by d.palanisamy@accenture.com (Palanisamy, Devaki) on 2009/04/17 02:53 I could be severely mistaken on this but the addressbook module or its methodology was probably written in the 8 days (in the 1999 era) I do not know if it is all updated with newer builder code.Where did you get this module? and whaa livelink system version are you trying it on.If you post the module here one of us probably coouuld take a look at it for you.My guess is that the addressbook module probably relied on old javascripting and maynot be aare of the DHTML menu's etc that is being used now.Try to attend Howard's training and I am sure you will get a updated module.
To Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail to unsubscribe.componentbuilder@elinkkc.opentext.com.
Glad to hear it works correctly. My VMWareimage that I tested this on is also my current dev for the new Web Servicescourse I’m developing so there is a good possibility that I’ve donesomething to hurt it. Again, a big vote of thanks to Hugh.
From: eLinkDiscussion: Livelink Builder Discussion[mailto:componentbuilder@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: 2009-Apr-17 11:05 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: Re RE I could be severelymistaken on this but the addressbook module or its...
Re RE I could be severely mistaken on this but the addressbook module or its...
Posted by scoruser6 (Alhat, Pravin) on 2009/04/17 11:04
In reply to: RE I could be severely mistaken on this but the addressbook module or its...
Posted by hlpell (Pell, Howard) on 2009/04/17 10:05
Message from Pravin Alhat <pravin.alhat@gmail.com> via eLink Howard, What gifs you are talking about? I tried the module on both LL9.7.0 and 9.7.1., the node images are displayed properly... Devaki, Livelink html pages and architecture has been revised quite significantly since the Livelink 9.1/9.2 and moreover htmls have been largely changed in LL9.7.1 (making heavy use of JavaScripts), so you are facing the errors with the old version of module. You can refer the module attached by Howard which works quite fine with latest versions. Good module to start learning the Livelink... All the Best Peace, Pravin.
On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 7:35 PM, eLink Discussion: Livelink Builder Discussion <componentbuilder@elinkkc.opentext.com> wrote:
RE I could be severely mistaken on this but the addressbook module or its...
Â
In reply to: I could be severely mistaken on this but the addressbook module or its...
 Message from Howard Pell <hlpell@opentext.com> via eLink
The addressbook module that used to ship with the SDK is very old and will probably not work with any version 9.x of Livelink. What version of Livelink are you using? What are you trying to accomplish by using the addressbook module?
A couple of years ago Hugh Ferguson updated the addressbook module (I think to see if he could do it), and did a great job. I’ve just tried it and it works with 9.7.1 but for some reason the gifs don’t show up. I don’t have time at the moment to figure it out but perhaps you could troubleshoot that and report back.
Of course the usual disclaimers apply to this code – this is not for production use, Open Text Corporation does not sanction this code nor will they support it, your mileage may vary, etc. etc. Having said that, if you do modify it, please let Hugh know so he can incorporate your changes.
Senior Technical Educator Liaison, Special Projects
From: eLink Discussion: Livelink Builder Discussion [mailto:componentbuilder@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: 2009-Apr-17 9:12 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: I could be severely mistaken on this but the addressbook module or its...
 I could be severely mistaken on this but the addressbook module or its methodology was probably written in the 8 days (in the 1999 era) I do not know if it is all updated with newer builder code.Where did you get this module? and whaa livelink system version are you trying it on.If you post the module here one of us probably coouuld take a look at it for you.My guess is that the addressbook module probably relied on old javascripting and maynot be aare of the DHTML menu's etc that is being used now.Try to attend Howard's training and I am sure you will get a updated module.
Attachment Links:
addressbook_1_0_1.zip (22 KB)
[To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]
Topic:
Contents are not appearing in the Workspace on browse view
Discussion:
Livelink Builder Discussion
Livelink Server:
knowledge-wlweb01
Just checked again Posted by hlpell (Pell, Howard) on 2009/04/17 11:22In reply to: RE Re RE I could be severely mistaken on this but the addressbook module or its... Posted by hlpell (Pell, Howard) on 2009/04/17 11:15 I just checked again and noticed that addressbook and address gifs both had the extension 'gif' in CAPS. I know that windose is typically case insensitive but for some reason once I changed them to lower case it works fine. I would expect this behaviour using UNIX as it is case sensitive. I'm using Tomcat and perhaps that is the reason.A good gotcha for us all to remember, whenever going to the file system, keep it all lower case.Howard[To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]Topic:Contents are not appearing in the Workspace on browse viewDiscussion:Livelink Builder DiscussionLivelink Server:knowledge-wlweb01To Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail to unsubscribe.componentbuilder@elinkkc.opentext.com.