Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Using oScript to create a form
Thanh_Ho
Hi everyone,At the moment we have a module which creates a heavily customized form for user input in LiveLink. The form uses "LiveLink versions" revision and "Initiate Workflow" submission mechanism. We currently copy a pre-created form to make a new form. However, doing so requires user permissions on the source form, which allows users to submit the source form. Hence, we are trying to replace that copy action with a real form creation from the template.The problem is I (who is responsible for the code) don't know how to create a form from a template, and also provide the above revision and submission mechanisms, as well as the workflow map, in oScript.Could anyone help?Thank you,Thanh
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Appu_Nair
Thanh,I was basically able to create a RH mimicking the two screens that one goes thru when you make a form.I have put a document and a working (9.7.1) module here"MakeFormFromTemplate.doc" can be accessed via the following link:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll/Open/16183957Somebody
who has more knowledge in this may help you better but in the interest of time you could take a look at my approach as well if you so wish.
Thanh_Ho
Abbu,thanks for your investigation.I wonder if I could have some global constants for LL_StorageMech or LL_SubmitMech. Anyone could confirm that those constants are the same among different LL installations?
Appu_Nair
Thanh,Here's my inference on that.You use the webnode implementation to create a llnode implementation of form which is under the ospace FORMAPI:Form it gets passed in NodeCreateSubclassPre a assoc called createinfo which is actually coming from the webform so you could theoretically bypass the web implementation and call this directly as well.If you put a break into the createinfo parameter and play with it you could probably end up not needing the webapage to do it almost like a Api level.I did not have time to debug it all the way through so I chose the shortcut.Take a look at how the call is being processed and you might get lucky.