Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
LAPI Search Results and Permissions
David_Benjamin
I'm using LAPI Search and querying for an attribute value. There are documents in 2 seperate folder structures within livelink that have the category attached to them. The ID being used for LAPI Search has permissions to one of the folder structures but it does not have permissions to see the other folder structure. The results still include the documents from the folder structure the ID does not have access to. Why is that? Do I need to specify something in the query to check permissions?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Appu_Nair
I am not sure if livelink will show you an object that the ID has at least see/See Contents on.The LAPI ID or the userid of any user works in this way,if that user ID has "Public Access" privs and the nodeid in qn has "PA" on them with a minumum set it qulaifies to be shown.Likewise if the lpai userid has "SA" privs then no permissions checks need to be carried out.Could you check thenodeid's in qn thoroughly for all permutations/combinations:)
sıɹɥɔ
Message from Chris Webster <
cwebster@opentext.com
> via eLink
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">eLink
Hi David,
Search results always respect permissions, whether the search is performed through LAPI or through the browser interface. (Any user can run a LAPI program with their own credentials, so if LAPI did behave differently this would be a security issue.)
A couple of things to check:
What happens when you seach from a browser page logged in as the same user using the same LQL criteria as the LAPI program?
Does your LAPI program have multiple sessions, perhaps one as "Admin" that is actually performing the search?
-chris
From:
eLink Discussion: LAPI Discussion [mailto:lapi@elinkkc.opentext.com]
Sent:
Thursday, May 14, 2009 7:34 AM
To:
eLink Recipient
Subject:
LAPI Search Results and Permissions
LAPI Search Results and Permissions
Posted by
metlif01
(Benjamin, David) on 2009/05/14 08:28
I'm using LAPI Search and querying for an attribute value. There are documents in 2 seperate folder structures within livelink that have the category attached to them. The ID being used for LAPI Search has permissions to one of the folder structures but it does not have permissions to see the other folder structure. The results still include the documents from the folder structure the ID does not have access to. Why is that? Do I need to specify something in the query to check permissions?
David_Benjamin
OK, thanks. I'll check out the permissions more thoroughly. I just wanted to sure I didn't have to do anything on the LAPI side. Appreciate the help.