Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
DeleteObject return value? (Java API)
Greg_Ackerson
I'm trying to execute a DeleteObject in Java against a dtree ID that has no matching dversdata entry. It's failing, and returning the error code 102001 (0x18E71). What does this mean? I looked through the SDK documentation and the closest thing I could find was the list of constants in lapi.h, but none of their values (e.g. #define LL_E_NOSUCHROW ( ( LLSTATUS ) 0x80010006 )) matched anywhere close to my return value.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
sıɹɥɔ
Message from Chris Webster <
cwebster@opentext.com
> via eLink
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">eLink
Hi Greg,
You can determine the meaning of an error code programmatically. After a LAPI call returns an error you interrogate the LLSession that was used in the call. The getStatusMessage() method will provide a readable message. For details you can then also call the getApiError() and getErrMsg() methods.
-chris
From:
eLink Discussion: LAPI Discussion [mailto:lapi@elinkkc.opentext.com]
Sent:
Monday, July 20, 2009 12:14 PM
To:
eLink Recipient
Subject:
DeleteObject return value? (Java API)
DeleteObject return value? (Java API)
Posted by
gregory.a.ackerson@nasa.gov
(Ackerson, Greg) on 2009/07/20 13:10
I'm trying to execute a DeleteObject in Java against a dtree ID that has no matching dversdata entry. It's failing, and returning the error code 102001 (0x18E71). What does this mean? I looked through the SDK documentation and the closest thing I could find was the list of constants in lapi.h, but none of their values (e.g. #define LL_E_NOSUCHROW ( ( LLSTATUS ) 0x80010006 )) matched anywhere close to my return value.
Greg_Ackerson
System.out.println(llSession.getStatusMessage());That works great!! Thanks, Chris!