Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
CSIDE and OScript
Livelink Builder - Unable to Locate Component
Julia_Lin
When opening Livelink Builder today, I came across this Unable to Locate Component error. The error message that followed says that "This application has failed to start because OCI.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." Can anyone shed some light on this? I found out that OCI.dll is actually an Oracle related file? Also, when it advised "re-installing the application", does it advise to reinstall Livelink itself or Livelink Builder only?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Martin_Gäckler
OCI.DLL is part of SQL*Net Client installation. Therefore you should check you SQL*Net installation.Does the environment variable PATH point to the Oracle bin directory?Hope this helps.RegardsMartin
John W. Simon, Jr.
Just to build on Martin's comment...Whenever I build a LL server I always make sure I can connect to my DB...before LL installation even. If I can not connect outside of LL then I for sure will not be able to connect inside LL.Cheers...
Julia_Lin
Thanks for your replies!Yeah, that is what I suspected as well..Someone did something to our server and now I cant even load up LL... Hopefully resetting the path will do the trick!