Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Creating Multiple Livelink Instance's PrgCtx
Mahesh_Pinnamaneni
hey guys,I have 2 Livelink instances (each one is independent with its own DB). I am wondering if from one LL instance, can I create an another LL Instance's PrgCtx ?Appreciate any thoughts...Thanks,Mahesh
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Appu_Nair
Hi Mahesh,the prgCtx is a object of the class PrgSession.It is possible to get the sessiion on another instance by knowing the databases name,connecting user etc using a CAPICONNECT objectFor eg if you define a script and use a CAPI.AllocConnect and follow it with a CAPI.AllocLogin you will get a program session from any livelink you have access to.Your RH prgCTx object is basically a utility object that OT developers give to you with the connection info so that you don't have to do the above steps.Other than technically making it work you might be invading on probably session management of the other livelink and I would not know how the other livelink db will behave.So wait for more expert oscripters to comment.If you give the forum your use case somebody may give you better ways at handling this.