Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
Using java sql to grab the table from oraclell97 database
dsta001_dsta001_(dsta001_-_(deleted))
Hi,I could not find the related forums to this. So i posted it here.I have been using livereport to do the SQL to grab table from the ORACLELL97 database. Find that there is limitiations to it (like inout parameters). Just checking, is it possible to use java sql to call the oraclell97 database. Anyone try using it before. Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Appu_Nair
so long as the query tool can cannect to the LL Db you are fine.However you will miss out on the freebies that LR offers especially "Filter Permissions".Unless your query codes that in, you run the risk of getting/showing more nodes(if based on dtree)A somewhat old discussion by Bhupinder Singh here shows what the "Filter Permissions" stand for in the query.I always use a better development tool to develop/perfect my queries before I put thm as LR.To this end I have used JDBC,sqldeveloper.toad,sqlmanagemntstudion,sqlplus etc etc.