Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
maybe this is in the wrong place because it seemed to disappear - my appologies
Norman_Stahl
if so could you let me know via email - I'm support the system while our regular person is out - thank you randy.t.nesst@abbott.comlivereport for user info questionCan anyone help me with a livereport problem. I want to create a livereport with user information as below - nothing fancy, just a standard AutoLivereport using simple sql - and I can copy and paste to excel later. I tried select * from kuaf but it seems that the department and groups are not in that table.DepartmentFirst NameMiddle InitialLast NameTitleOffice Locationand if possible:GroupsLog-in NameEmailthanks for the help - it's much appreciated!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Martin_Gäckler
The topic did not disappear. Maybe you have selected the option "Unread Only".
John W. Simon, Jr.
Randy,Not sure how familiar you are with KUAF so my apologies if this information is redundant for you.Both user and group info is stored in KUAF, group memebership is stored in KuafChildren. Important fields in KUAF (for your query):- Name - user name (login) or group name- Type - 0 is user, 1 is group (other numbers relate to projects)- Deleted - 0 active user, 1 deleted user- groupid - shows "department" for usersYou are going to have to do a join to get the information you want...something like the following (for oracle)select a.name, a.lastname, a.firstname, a.middlename, b.name as "Department"from kuaf a, kuaf bwhere a.groupid = b.idand a.type = 0and a.deleted = 0Cheers...
Norman_Stahl
- thanks for the kind response vs. what you could have written ;-)
Norman_Stahl
. . . on what must be very basic for you - I do appreciate it.I'll work on what you suggested and post back if I have follow-up questions.
Norman_Stahl
She emailed some very useful info and took a few followup questions as well.Thanks Donna!
Greg_Griffiths
Norman, Can you post your completed solution for us ?
John Underhill
SELECT a.ID,a.NAMEFROM KUAF aWHERE a.TYPE=1AND a.ID IN (SELECT DISTINCT b.IDFROM KUAFCHILDREN bSTART WITH b.CHILDID=CONNECT BY NOCYCLE PRIOR b.ID=b.CHILDID)This query is based on the one Livelink runs when a user logs in - to expand their rights. I've excluded any Project or similar group membership "a.TYPE=1"You can use it in a drill-down report, or make a PL/SQL function to return the results as a concatenated string? John's query above returns the user's department group. Between the two it should make a nice report.