Hi,
Is there any inbuilt package that I can use to apply permissions programmatically to sub-items in a folder in one transaction? I want the permissions to ripple down through all levels, not just the immediate sub-level of the folder.
- Aruna
in Oscript I like using the two objects found here
LLIAPI:LLIApi Root:APIObjects:NodeCrawler
also
LLIAPI:LLIApi Root:APIObjects:NodeCrawlerCallBack
there is even a PermsNodeCrawlerCallback that I see
These two are extremely cool objects that can do Node Traversal.Most OT code uses these for long running operations.Typically you tell it a starting dataid,a gulp size and it will return the nodes to you.You also have cool things such as Volume and ParentID implementation where perhaps you don't want volumes to be considered and such like.Start with the example on the documentation.I use these a lot when I have to manipulate huge structures.
Another not so elegant way is to look at the implementation of the SetObjectRight livelink API call.Basically it will update the first node and call this function
result = $LLIAPI.NodeUtil.ApplyPermsToSubNodes( retVal ) and that may be what you are looking for as well.I have used that as well.
Thanks!! That helped a lot - I have a working module now.