Hi,
Have been searching through the Regionname, i trying to find a region whereby i can filter by the content of the doc. OTName can only filter the document name.
Any ideas?
REally no ways to use Lapi search to filter the doc by the content just like what the web-based front?
Hi Chris,
Thanks. It works. Just wondering how do you know all the region names, I refer to mine at the LAPI Developer's Reference html. Click on Seach Api-->ApplyQuery-->Livelink Query Language then see common region names.Inside here i could not see the region name call OTData.
Oh ya another issues realise that the OTData does not look into the title of the document. As in in the title, there a word of DOG but in the document there no such a word mentioned. OTData:/"dog/" will not be able to return anything. Am i right?
Hi Appu,
html coding?? First time heard it. Any where i can grab a better knowledge of it? Cause i now having a problem using lapi is that ApplyQuery would not be able to return me the total number of hits. But web-based gui, i can view the total number of documents at the bottom even though mu pages only display 10-20 items. Hopr that this html coding can help me. Thanks.
dsta
It was at one time called search xml api because using that and a favorite programming language you could return results in xml do whatver you needed with it.Here's a link to its documentationhttps://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll?func=ll&objId=13621465&objAction=download
Here's a starter example
http://communities.opentext.com/communities/llisapi.dll/wiki/7967685/SearchXMLAPI doc
http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=3552
the old way of exposing search num hits.It is probably obsolete
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll?func=ll&objId=2311384&objAction=view&show=2
Perhaps valid for your case not sure
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll?func=ll&objId=7021524&objAction=view&show=2
I would try without any customization to your system first
Cheers
appu
Appu,
Ithought I'd take the time to go through your starterexample today, but I'm not sure everything is there.
Your instructions state:
<![if !supportLists]>1. <![endif]>Open Source of the Contract_Search.html andchange where you see http://localhost to your workinglivelink URL…
Is that Contract_Search.html file attached to the Communitiespage? I don't see it anywhere.
Gordon Maxwell
Communications SpecialistGlobal Sales, Services and Support
519-888-7111 x2411
From: eLink Entry: LAPIForum [mailto:lapi@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2010 9:51 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: RE Lapi Search Region content
RE Lapi Search Region content
Posted by anair@alitek.com (Nair, Appu) On 2010/10/26 09:46
[To post a comment, use the normal reply function]
Topic:
Lapi Search Region content
Forum:
LAPI Forum
Livelink Server:
knowledge-wlweb01
Hi Gordon,
Towards the bottom of the page I have these lines
This is the same results in XML under that location,I had just removed the stylesheet reference so I can see the raw xml.
The files in this example is in this zip file.The pristine.html is the same file that resides in tek-tips .com
http://communities.opentext.com/communities/llisapi.dll?func=ll&objId=7559974&objAction=download&viewType=1
That should give you a zip file and that is where the files are.
I can permission my object if you need to make it better.
Appu
From: eLink Entry: LAPI Forum [mailto:lapi@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 8:27 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: RE RE Lapi Search Region content
RE RE Lapi Search Region content
Posted by gmaxwell (Maxwell, Gordon) On 2010/11/23 09:26
I thought I'd take the time to go through your starter example today, but I'm not sure everything is there.
1. Open Source of the Contract_Search.html and change where you see http://localhost to your working livelink URL…
Is that Contract_Search.html file attached to the Communities page? I don't see it anywhere.
From: eLink Entry: LAPI Forum [mailto:lapi@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2010 9:51 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: RE Lapi Search Region content
I doubt I can make it better! But unfortunately, I cannot accessthat link at all:
----> Error stack
----> 1) E662241283:Read Accessibility error. Not enoughpermissions.
So maybe you could open it up a bit.
From: eLink Entry: LAPIForum [mailto:lapi@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 10:06 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: RE RE RE Lapi Search Region content
RE RE RE Lapi Search Region content
Posted by anair@alitek.com (Nair, Appu) On 2010/11/23 10:06
Cheers!
From: eLink Entry: LAPI Forum [mailto:lapi@elinkkc.ope! ntext.com] Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 8:27 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: RE RE Lapi Search Region content
I thought I'd take the time to go through your starter example today, but I'm not sure everything ! is there.
Communications Specialist Global Sales, Services and Support
Posted by anair@alitek.com (Nair, Appu) On 2010/10/26 0! 9:46
http://communities.opentext.com/communities/llisapi.dll/wiki/7967685/Search! XMLAPI%20doc
Lapi Search Region content!
Lapi Search Region conten! t
Attachment Links:
image001.gif (1 KB)
Dunner.
Done and you have authoring on my folder now
From: eLink Entry: LAPI Forum [mailto:lapi@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 9:12 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: RE RE RE RE Lapi Search Region content
RE RE RE RE Lapi Search Region content
Posted by gmaxwell (Maxwell, Gordon) On 2010/11/23 10:11
I doubt I can make it better! But unfortunately, I cannot access that link at all:
----> 1) E662241283:Read Accessibility error. Not enough permissions.
From: eLink Entry: LAPI Forum [mailto:lapi@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 10:06 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: RE RE RE Lapi Search Region content
Great! Thanks very much.
From: eLink Entry: LAPIForum [mailto:lapi@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 10:23 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: RE RE RE RE RE Lapi Search Region content
RE RE RE RE RE Lapi Search Region content
Posted by anair@alitek.com (Nair, Appu) On 2010/11/23 10:22
From: eLink Entry: LAPI Forum [mailto:lapi@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 9:12 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: ! RE RE RE RE Lapi Search Region content
From: eLink Entry: LAPI Forum [mailto:lapi@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 10:06 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: RE RE RE Lapi Searc! h Region content
Posted by anair@alitek.com (Nair, ! Appu) On 2010/11/23 10:06
This is the same resu! lts in XML under that location,I had just removed the stylesheet reference so I can see the raw xml.
Your instruction! s state:
Livelink S! erver: