Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Content Management (Extended ECM)
API, SDK, REST and Web Services
How can I restrict query to return top-level folders?
Sarah_Walls
I have a query that returns all folders with their owner and other metadata. Is there a way to restrict this query to only the top-level folders, say 5 levels down?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Lindsay_Davies
Message from Lindsay Davies <
ldavies@opentext.com
> via eLink
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">eLink
Hi Sarah,
I assume you are walking the directory tree in some way.
Oracle - connect by prior
SQL - stored procedure (2000) or recursive common table expression (2005+).
Select level as a column (works as a pseudo column in Oracle but needs to be an integer you increment in SQL server).
Then in your query you while use a where or having clause of
AND level >=5
I
f you can get it to work, post your query and I'll see if I can fix it.
Regards
Lindsay
EU-Escalation Team
Open Text UK
From:
eLink Discussion: Open Text Live Reports Discussion [mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com]
Sent:
2010 October 14, Thu 21:01
To:
eLink Recipient
Subject:
How can I restrict query to return top-level folders?
How can I restrict query to return top-level folders?
Posted by
sarah.walls@gd-ais.com
(Walls, Sarah G) on 2010/10/14 15:57
I have a query that returns all folders with their owner and other metadata. Is there a way to restrict this query to only the top-level folders, say 5 levels down?