Hi Mike,
I’m following up with you on the Live Reports that I sent you. [I was away prior to your last response to me.]
I noticed there were follow-ups since you and I exchanged notes. Please let me know if we can work through your sticking points, if any remain.
Thank you,
Al Picard
OpenText Corporation, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
From: eLink Discussion: Live Reports Discussion [mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2011 8:12 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: Groups
Groups
Posted by michael.fennell@fsa.gov.uk (Fennell, Michael) on 2011/03/03 08:11
Hi ForumI was wondering if anyone here knew how i would do the following from a live report.I have a live report that lists the groups that a user belongs to but what i would like to do now is user a click-thru report to bring up the users & groups window for that group thus allowing the Records manager who is running the report to remove a user from the group.Is this even possible, i guess it would be done via a URL type call with the group id in it which i can get from the initial live report.Any assistance would be greatly appreciated here.RegardsMike Fennell.
[To reply to this thread, use your normal E-mail reply function.]
Discussion:
Live Reports Discussion
Livelink Server:
knowledge-wlweb01
To Unsubscribe from this Discussion, send an e-mail to unsubscribe.livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com.
Good morning Mike,
In the sample I sent you which, as you know, was two reports, there ought to be a click-through by the first report’s tie-in to the second using the linkage created with the “Click-thru Sub-Report:” function from the Edit mode.
Does your first report have an actionable item similar to this one’s Details?
It should then lead you to, as in my ‘Product Marketing’ choice, something similar to this--
What were your results?
Thanks,
/Al
From: eLink Discussion: Live Reports Discussion [mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 4:39 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: Re Groups
Re Groups
Posted by michael.fennell@fsa.gov.uk (Fennell, Michael) on 2011/03/08 04:33
In reply to: RE Groups
Posted by apicard (Picard, Alan on 2011/03/07 13:05
Hi AlThanks for yoru reply, hope you had a good break ?.Well i imported your live reports only to realise that they were SQL based reports and we use Oracle, but they did give me an idea of what was required, even though i will admit this sql would have been a bit beyone my ability as i have not got to spend enough time doing this work to be very proficient, but i managed to get some oracle code to do the same as you were doing, it works fine.I was however trying to use a click through report to allow me to display the Users and Groups window which would allow our RM's to see into each group too.It looks to me like i cannot do this via live reports have you ever got anything like this to work ?.I am in the meantime looking into a web report to see if i can do it this way, hard to get enough time to properly look into this as web reports look quite complex.RegardsMike.
Topic: