Hi!
I want to implement some functionality for document(add some commands to the document's function menu).
Q: 1) in which OSpace document module are located?
2) Should i create new module, or edit document module?
Hi,
I suggest never change others modules (ospaces)! In some cases it makes sense to create patch to change/extend original functionality.
In your case you should create your own module and implement needed functionality there. There is a guide in builder help how to create module, add request handlers, command etc.
regards,
keit
I would suggest you follow a developer course. That will teach you to properly develop for Content Server.
Your request is one of the subjects that are explained in the course.
Kind Regards,
Hans Stoop
From: eLink Entry: Content Server Development Forum [mailto:development@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Montag, 18. Juli 2011 08:23To: eLink RecipientSubject: Adding additional functionality to documents
Adding additional functionality to documents
Posted by kirill.trunov@sap.com (Trunov, Kirill) On 2011/07/18 02:20
thanks!
[To post a comment, use the normal reply function]
Forum:
Content Server Development Forum
Livelink Server:
knowledge-wlweb01
I've read Livelink Developer's Documentation and i know how to develope my own module, but i can't understend how to "connect" my module with existed modules. I'm trying to implement digital signature functionality on documents, my module will make the verification of digital signatures and it should be called during the opening of the document.
Your original question was about adding a function to the function menu. This is implemented by implementing your own WebNodeAction and WebNodeCmd objects and configure them to be only used for documents.
From this description I understand that you want to change what happens when the user opens a document. This is a completely different question and requires a completely different solution. This will also raise questions like: Should it also be supported for LAPI and WebServices? What exactly need to happen? Do you understand all the consequences of storing documents encrypted, especially wrt search? There is already a Global Services module available that allows you to store documents encrypted on the file system. Why is the verification called on the server and not on the client?
Probably you are wondering why I not just answer your question. Digital signature is a complicated subjected and it would be best to get support from Open Text to realize it in a proper way.
Hans
From: eLink Entry: Content Server Development Forum [mailto:development@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Montag, 18. Juli 2011 10:37To: eLink RecipientSubject: RE Adding additional functionality to documents
RE Adding additional functionality to documents
Posted by kirill.trunov@sap.com (Trunov, Kirill) On 2011/07/18 04:33
Topic: