We are preparing for an upgrade and as part of this upgrade we will be uninstalling Livelink Explorer 4.6.2. During our tesing we discovered that a few of the computers are left with the Livelink Explorer 4.6.2 desktop icon (which isn't a shortcut nor a folder) after we uninstall the application. The right-click menu on the icon doesn't provide a "delete" option and worst yet, when you right-click on the icon, the application automatically repairs itself.
The only manual way I figured out how to remove it is by deleting the following registry key: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{F7572D31-9228-11D3-ABD4-00105A29FB70}\ShellFolder and then I can right-click and delete the icon.
One solution - would be to install a more recent version of Explorer (e.g. Explorer v10) - but unfortunately not all of our current 4.6.2 users will be upgrading to Explorer 10 so installing an updated version is not an option.
I need some help on how to programitically remove this left over desktop icon.
Any help is greatly appreciated.