How can I avoid a duplicate folder name with in same location? Like If there is a folder name with "Ashok" it shouln't allow me to create another one with name "ASHOK" or "ashok"
Hi Ashok,
If you don’t use a case-sensitive database, then you won’t have that issue.
Regards,
Kyle
Thanks for the quick reply Kyle! But the Content server database already set to case in-sensitive. Here's the setting for collation property
ECS_Prod: SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS
If you chose to use a case-insensitive database, then the names "ABC.doc" and "abc.doc" are not the same name. They are unique items.
So How can avoid this situation in CS..SO that i can't add any folder with unique name in same location..like if I add 'ABC' folder at some location then system should not allow me to these folders name 'abc', 'Abc' etc??
How can verify these settings?
You would need to switch to a case-insensitive database. However, before you would be able to, you would need to rename any objects residing in the same container (i.e., same ParentID) to ensure they are unique.
Hi Kyle,
Database is already set to Case-Insensiteive. But still have the same issue.
Is there any other setting that need to change within CS? Please suggest.
What happens if you peruse the link that Ben was talking about
../llisapi.dll?func=admin.configurelanguage
Do you have more than English in the system?
Is what you experiencing a fluke or is that consistently happening?
Do you have any code other than OT CS10 code that would change this basic behaviour in most livelink installs?
Thanks for looking into this.
There is only one language (English ( United States )) setup in system..It's happening consistently. we have only CS10 install in server. Not sure what should i try next?
In my case insensitive system I installed the Spanish Lang pack.I then chose Spanish as my user language so the menu's and everything is changed to spanish
Then I added 'Appu'as the folder name and gave in the metadata selections I had 3 I called them all 'Appu' the folder was created.I then changed my UI language to English and I tried to add a 'Appu' folder again changing case to trick the system.It gave me the standard livelink message that 'Appu' already exists in this folder.
So either I have a bad install or what Ben is saying that when you put a object into livelink you may be able to add more than one name which could be identical.
You may have to confirm with Ben on a 'case insensitive database and a CS10 system with 'English' as the 'System Default Language' whether under a normal folder whether one would be able to add 2 new folders called 'ASHOK' pretending that one was the English and the next one was 'Spanish'
In my CS10 insensistive I can do that only on the metadata name fields and not like 2 folders called the same .
Sorry my first foray into a language other than English but my CS10 behaves as it should .
You probably want help thru a OT ticket as I think standard livelink behaviour on a case insensitive database should have given what you need as Kyle is also pointing out.Otherwise I would start looking at customizations or code that OT did not provide.
BTW I think my small system is on Update 4 and is not a enterprsie system so don't take my results as official.Just trying to help.
Hi Ben and the original poster,
In my laptop CS10 SQLserver 2008 I was able to add 'folder vs FOLDER' in the same location by selecting the 'SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CS_AS' as soon as I change that to 'SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS' then the behaviour becomes like what Kyle says and what I thought would happen.I am now trying to see if I can download oracle and see if the behaviour is the same.According to SQLserver pundits 'SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CS_AS' that means the database is 'Case Sensistive and Accent Sensitive ' and when it is 'SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS' it is a case insensitive database.
So are you saying that in a case insensitive Oracle DB setting one should be able to add 'Folder;,'FOLDER' and its permutations.
Thanks for taking the time to clarify .