Hi
I am using the C# Search Service sample on a 9.7.1. server (keep in mind that the server has never been patched .....)
It looks like ResultOrderSpec is messing with the Score result.
query.DataCollectionSpec = "'LES Enterprise Search'"; // use the first search slice in the list
query.QueryLanguage = "Livelink Search API V1"; // use the Search API for queries
query.FirstResultToRetrieve = 1; // start retrieving results at Result #1
query.NumResultsToRetrieve = 100; // retrieve up to 5 search results
query.ResultOrderSpec = "sortByRegion=OTCreatedBy"; // sort by the OTCreatedBy region
query.ResultSetSpec = "where1=" + whereClause; // set the where clause of the query
query.ResultTransformationSpec = new string[] { "Score", "OTName", "OTLocation" }; // set the displayed/retrieved regions
This returns 100% Score results on all hits. If I remove the line : query.ResultOrderSpec = .... then the result set contains proper Scores.
If I try changing the ResultOrderSpec to order by OTName : query.ResultOrderSpec = "sortByRegion=OTName"; then all the scores are set to 0!
As I said earlier the Livelink installation has never been patched so this may be fixed a long time ago. If that is the case, please provide me with the patch # I need so I can push my customer to upgrade the Livelink installation :-)
thanks
Peter