Hi,
I am trying to get an accurate count of the number of users that access our livelink system. It appears that it is logging pretty much every user that has an account as actually logging into the system daily, but this is not the case. We have many users overseas that are certainly not accessing the system daily, but that are audited as logging into the system. How can I get a truly accurate count of the users accessing the system?
I've tried using this query - and it returns 519 logins for today - and there is no way that all those people logged in.
SELECT DISTINCT UserID , FirstName , LastName , AuditStr
FROM ll9501 . DAuditNew a , ll9501 . KUAF k
WHERE AuditDate > '2012-03-29'
AND AuditStr = 'login'
AND k . id = a . UserID
ORDER BY LastName
I contacted OT support about this and received this answer:
Livelink does not track active or current logins as we use session less connections, which means each request is handled as it comes in. Livelink works in a state-less environment. As a result, it is not possible to tell if someone is presently logged in. Technically, the only time a person is logged into Livelink is when a request is being processed. Once the request is completed, they are no longer "in" Livelink as such.
I really think that there must be some way of telling who is truly accessing the system. Hopefully someone has an idea.
Thank you,
Josephine