Hi
Is anyone developed a custom module with search functionality? if yes, please help me in developing the same. If you have example module please share.
I have to retrieve documents within a folder based on metadata.
Please help me on this
Hi,
If I need to select items based on meta data in a specific folder I would use an SQL query based on the LLAttrData table.
For SQL queries you can best asked the LiveReporting forum. I think there was a question about that lately.
If you actually want to use the Full Text Search then I suggest you have a look at the XML Search API and look at the implementation of the request handler for it.
If you only want to present a search form in an easy format then you may want to have a look at the Custom View search possibilities. No need for programming in this case.
Hans
From: eLink Entry: Content Server Development Forum [mailto:development@elinkkc.opentext.com]Sent: Sonntag, 20. Januar 2013 12:21To: eLink RecipientSubject: Custom Search Module
Custom Search Module
Posted bylivelinkadmin@pdo.co.om (Admin, Livelink) On 01-20-2013 06:19
I have to retrieve documents within a folder based on metadata.DataT
[To post a comment, use the normal reply function]
Forum:
Content Server Development Forum
Content Server:
Knowledge Center
If you have a fixed query and want always exact results (with no indexing delay) you can write a module with a call using your own SQL query as Hans suggested.
If you want to be flexible with query parameters or you want to avoid development of you own module use the Search API (HTTP/GET/XML or Web Service). It is possible to call the search from OScript too. Examples of a restriction to a folder and for a category attribute:
whereN="OTLocation":(7611)
whereN="Attr_308936_8":(*test*)
I know that an OT product implemented a custom search call to have it available for LAPI clients.
--- Ferda
There is a good worked example at https://communities.opentext.com/communities/cs.dll/wiki/7967685/How to start a search in OScript
The LAPI ApplyQuery logic does not align with the Search API that one would see in the GUI or via Web Services.
For that reason, I strongly recommend not basing any code off the ApplyQuery implementation if you wish to do search via Oscript.
Have a look at $WebSBroker.SearchAPIUtil.Search().
It’s the best entry point for you to use.
As an example, you can check out $WebSBroker.SearchAPIUtil.TESTRunSearch().
Cheers,
Kyle
I would also like to ask for more information if I may. What type of search are you trying to create, and why? It may be that your requirement is something we should consider for a future version.
Thanks,
Patrick.
Kyle,
Thanks for the clarification, can someone on your side update the Wiki to reflect that so that it is not inadvertantly used by others ?