I've always expected any Java addons I create and use via JavaObject to behave the same whether I'm running in Builder or as a Service. But I've recently discovered that this is not the case. I have two issues currently that I'm aware of (because they affect me).
First, if my Java object sets up logging using Java's Logger class, it works perfectly fine in Builder. But when I run it as a service, it only outputs WARNING and SEVERE log messages.
Second, XPath doesn't work at all when running as a service. Works fine in Builder. Tracing through the exceptions, looks like it can't find the default XPath factory (at http://java.sun.com/jaxp/xpath/dom) when running as a service.
Why is there any difference at all? I've been developing this project for months assuming that everything I developed in Builder was going to work when I ran as service, and now I discover that it doesn't work at all. Help!
I have sample Java files that demonstrate the problems that I can attach if anyone wants to see them. I'll refrain for the moment in case there's just some easy little config option that will fix everything for me.