I have a developer issue that I am constantly being asked about. So I thought I'd throw it out to the community for ideas ...
- We want to be able to treat Category Sets as a data table.
- We want to be able to delete the last row if there is no data.
- Sets seem to need 1 row of data - at least a blank row (is this true?).
In the UI we add a new blank row before we delete the last row of data. This gives correct Audit of Row Deleted on the appropriate Row.
- We want to be able to delete the last row of data using web services.
So far I have 2 solutions I don't like:
1. Simply overwrite the last remaining row with blanks. Problem: Audit doesn't say Row Deleted.
2. Add a blank row first. Update Node. Delete the row we don't want. Update Node. Problem: 2 calls
How do we delete the last row of a Set using Web Services and have the correct Audit events? Ideas??