CS Module Admin

Options

Hello everybody,

I try to add some settings for a Module. I was able to define my settings for the Module and add a WebLingo via AdminIndexCallback.

My question is how to use and configure the AdminLLRequstHanlder to save my settings?

Is there some walkthorw  and example to use?

Thanks

Mohamed Ltaief

Comments

• Hi Mohd,

To start off, have a look at Hans Stoop's CustomizationsRT module's CustTemplateConfiguration module which can be found under the example folder of this main module and try exploring how he has implemented the Admin pages to save data off the Admin pages.

In short, all Admin settings should be stored inside the KINI table.

What you should be doing is when a user / Admin is redirected to your settings page, you should read the KINI table for your module relevant settings first and then display them on to the web page.

When a user / Admin submits the page via the Submit button, you basically re-read all the current values on your Admin page and save it back into the KINI table.

If you ask how does OScript know which variable value is pointing to which HTML form element to populate, you use the unique attribute of the form elements such as that of textboxes, drop-downs etc. to achieve this.

You will have a much thorough understanding once you browse through his custom module.

EDIT:

CustomizationsRT Link: https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/cs.dll?func=ll&objId=3971340&objAction=browse

EDIT 2:

Added details as to where the exact module can be found.

Thanks,

Pramod

• While many settings SHOULD be stored in the KINI table, not all need to be or should be, for example server names, log levels etc are server specific not environment specific. See my Blog post at https://communities.opentext.com/communities/cs.dll?func=ll&objId=8381671&objAction=viewincontainer, and specificially the Comment from David Templeton

If you have Builder installed, there is an example in the OnLine Help as part of the module tutorial in the section called " Adding Items to the Livelink Administration Page".

• Hi,

Thank you very much for the advice. 

best regards,