Hello, is there a way to use external javascript framework (mootools,etc ) other than jquery that content server used?
This is because i am getting conflict with the $ sign used in content server javascript file.
Thanks
Lavesh
Hi Lavesh. You can use other JavaScript libraries but you must return the window.$ variable back to its original jQuery assignment such that Content Server pages that depend on it will continue to function. I've written a short blog post about having multiple jQuery instances in a page (link below). The same logic applies to any other library that assigns something to the window.$ variable.
window.$
http://schwiiz.org/?p=1853
I hope this helps.
Chris...BTW...thanks for the blog URL. I had not seen your blog, but it's definitely more akin to the type of information I'm interested in discussing.
I wish there was a Yahoo of OT blogs...so that we could find them out in the wild. :-)
Darrin,
There are a few others, although the content updating is sporadic, here is a few more in addition to Chris's one :
www.greggriffiths.org/livelink/
www.pagic.co.uk
http://oscriptadventures.com/
http://www.tek-tips.com/threadminder.cfm?pid=862
http://prantlf.blogspot.co.uk/
look forward to seeing others add theirs as well
Some JavaScript libraries like jQuery or UndersoreJS support running multiple versions side-by-side. You can read about the purpose of the method noConflict, which they provide for this scenario.
If you want to use a different jQuery only, it'll be easy. If you want to use also other version of jQuery UI than the CS, you'll have to not only include it right after your jQuery, but also check out how the theme provided by the CS works for the widgets you need. If it doesn't, you'd need to provide an additional theme for your widgets and use your CSS namespace to prevent those two from clashing - see the ThemeBuilder export settings.