Hi guys!
I need to send some files over FTP, from the Content Server server to another server.
Is this possible using Oscript?
Best regards,
It’s possible, but you’d have to write an FTP client in Oscript using the Socket built-in.
Yes, you could do it with a Java class and use the Oscript-Java interop functions to send the files. Look up JavaObject examples in the Builder help.
Hi Diogo, a few years ago I wrote an FTP server that interfaced to Livelink in the backend via LAPI. It was based on an open source FTP server written in Java, which I modified to delegate to Livelink for basic operations like upload, download, list directory, and create directory. It wasn't feature complete, but it did work for basic operations. I don't have the source code anymore, but something like this might be a place to start.
Awww! That would be a great little feature to have. S/FTP access to the Content Server. Sometimes, such solutions would be the best approach to the problem, rather than web services.
While the sockets approach may keep it all in OScript, I'd be in favour of streaming the files to a directory and having a seperate job / service FTP them to the other server and then have an Agent job on the other server load them in there, similar to how AdLib works with renditions and probably an easier solution to implement.