Hello,
How can I search by a node name with web service API?
I want to search all folders thats name like
'Diger'
How is it possible?
starting with CS 10 update 9, there is a new WS call RunReport, using which you can execute live report.
If you requirement is as simple as get all folders whose name is like ‘Diger’, you can just create a live report with an sql query and call it.
Thanks,
Rakesh.
From: eLink Entry: Content Server Development Forum [mailto:development@elinkkc.opentext.com]Sent: Friday, September 12, 2014 2:58 PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: search by node name
search by node name
Posted bytunca.usluer@fibabanka.com.tr (Usluer, Tunca) On 09/12/2014 05:25 AM
[To post a comment, use the normal reply function]
Forum:
Content Server Development Forum
Content Server:
Knowledge Center
well I had problems with sql query indeed. I do not know what keywords I should use?
Basically this is what I am looking for.
func=search&where1=folderName like 'Diger'
We can also send parameters to sql query also. In the live report you have placeholders like %1, %2 and while making a call to live report you would send the values to be inserted within these placeholders. But you need to be careful about permissions because it is difficult to validate permissions using a sql query.
For your search related query, I will let the search gurus answer it.
From: eLink Entry: Content Server Development Forum [mailto:development@elinkkc.opentext.com]Sent: Friday, September 12, 2014 5:28 PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: RE search by node name
RE search by node name
Posted bytunca.usluer@fibabanka.com.tr (Usluer, Tunca) On 09/12/2014 07:57 AM
Topic:
RE RE search by node name Posted byrjalla@opentext.com (Jalla, Rakesh Kumar)On 09/12/2014 08:03 AM We can also send parameters to sql query also. In the live report you have placeholders like %1, %2 and while making a call to live report you would send the values to be inserted within these placeholders. But you need to be careful about permissions because it is difficult to validate permissions using a sql query. For your search related query, I will let the search gurus answer it. Thanks,Rakesh. From: eLink Entry: Content Server Development Forum [mailto:development@elinkkc.opentext.com]Sent: Friday, September 12, 2014 5:28 PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: RE search by node name
Hello Rakesh,
When a LiveReport is executed from a Web Service does it return more than one record? I may be wrong but I heard from a fried that only one record is returned when a LR is executed from a Web Service. If so, when a LIKE parameter is used in SQL query chances are it will return multiple records. I look forward to your response. Thanks!
Best Regards
Praveen Nagarajan
AnalystInformation TechnologyEnterprise Solutions - Content Management - LivelinkPraveen.Nagarajan@P66.com
From: eLink Entry: Content Server Development Forum [mailto:development@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Friday, September 12, 2014 7:04 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: [EXTERNAL]RE RE search by node name
RE RE search by node name
Posted by rjalla@opentext.com (Jalla, Rakesh Kumar) On 09/12/2014 08:03 AM
From: eLink Entry: Content Server Development Forum [mailto:development@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Friday, September 12, 2014 5:28 PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: RE search by node name
Posted by tunca.usluer@fibabanka.com.tr (Usluer, Tunca) On 09/12/2014 07:57 AM
Hi Tunca, A query like this will find all Folders (subtype 0) with name values containing the token "diger": ?func=search&where1="OTName":"diger"&where2="OTSubType":0&boolean2=and If needed, the query could be changed to test specific metadata language values of OTName or use regular expressions on the value. I suggest reading the Search API documentation: https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/piroot/llessrc/v100500-1406/llessrc-pgd/docovw.xml In CS 10.5.0 the OTName region is aggressively tokenized by default, making queries against it behave similar to the SQL "like" keyword. Regards, Steve
I would like to correct my previous response. There is no bug surrounding LiveReport. It was related to LiveReport extensions I believe there should be a patch for it by now. My apology for incorrect response.
AnalystInformation Technology Enterprise Solutions - Content Management - LivelinkPraveen.Nagarajan@P66.com
eLink : RE RE RE search by node nameRE RE RE search by node name Posted bypraveen.nagarajan@p66.com (Nagarajan, Praveen)On 09/12/2014 10:13 AM Hello Rakesh, When a LiveReport is executed from a Web Service does it return more than one record? I may be wrong but I heard from a fried that only one record is returned when a LR is executed from a Web Service. If so, when a LIKE parameter is used in SQL query chances are it will return multiple records. I look forward to your response. Thanks! Best Regards Praveen NagarajanAnalystInformation TechnologyEnterprise Solutions - Content Management - LivelinkPraveen.Nagarajan@P66.com From: eLink Entry: Content Server Development Forum [mailto:development@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Friday, September 12, 2014 7:04 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: [EXTERNAL]RE RE search by node name