Error fetching record ,if no.of records >100

Options

Hi ,

i have a live report which executes without error if the record limit is = 100 and if the record limit > 100 i am getting the error "ERROR FETCHING RECORD" . please find the query i am using in the attachment .

plese suggest .

Comments

• Hi Phaneendra

Sounds to me like a data related problem.

The row it fails on has data that cannot be loaded into the datatypes that are being used for the output report.

Are you saying allowing 101 rows would fail?

How many rows would you expect to  be returned in total?

Options…

1   Run your query in SQL*Plus or some other tool outside of Content Server.

2   Try incrementing the number of rows to find out how many more are valid before it breaks.

That way you stand a better chance of finding the first ‘bad’ row to find the specific data and debugging the issue.

Regards

Lindsay

Lindsay Davies
    Information Systems Administrator
    RES
    D  +44 (0)1923 299 378

From: eLink Entry: Content Server LiveReports Forum [mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com]
    Sent: 22 March 2016 06:31
    To: eLink Recipient
    Subject: Error fetching record ,if no.of records >100

[Attachments exceeded pre-set size limits. Use the links provided to access]

Error fetching record ,if no.of records >100

Posted by Dannapaneni, Phaneendra On 03/22/2016 02:28 AM

Hi ,

i have a live report which executes without error if the record limit is = 100 and if the record limit > 100 i am getting the error "ERROR FETCHING RECORD" . please find the query i am using in the attachment .

plese suggest .

Attachment Links:

Livereport_query.docx (13 KB)

[To post a comment, use the normal reply function]

Forum:

Content Server LiveReports Forum

Content Server:

Knowledge Center

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, including any attachments, contains information that may be confidential, and is protected by copyright. It is directed to the intended recipient(s) only. If you have received this e-mail in error please e-mail the sender by replying to this message, and then delete the e-mail. Unauthorised disclosure, publication, copying or use of this e-mail is prohibited. Any communication of a personal nature in this e-mail is not made by or on behalf of any RES group company. E-mails sent or received may be monitored to ensure compliance with the law, regulation and/or our policies.
  • Hi Lindsay, 

Thanks for the reply.

Yes if i set  the record limit to 101 in live report ,i am facing the issuse ,

and i have solved this by changing my query . i have used rtrim in query .

Thanks,

phaneendra.

• Hi,

We faced the same issue and where we were getting error 'Error fetching record'  if the max row(and their vlaues) is more than 3000 but it was working fine in Oracle SQL devceloper.

I broke the query and find out that i was using 'connect by prior with reverse' to get the path of the document in CS and that was creating this issue as query works fine for large number without any error.

Resolution:- We created a function below to get the Path of the CS objects and used that function in Query and it is working fine now. I hope this may work in your case.

Function:-

create or replace FUNCTION getLocation(p_DataID DTREE.DATAID%TYPE)
        RETURN VARCHAR2 IS
        v_Result VARCHAR2(1024);
        CURSOR c1 IS SELECT NAME FROM dtree CONNECT BY PRIOR parentid=dataid START WITH dataid = p_DataID ORDER BY LEVEL DESC;
        BEGIN
        FOR v_Cursor IN c1 LOOP
            IF v_Result IS NOT NULL THEN
                v_Result := v_Result || ':';
            END IF;
            v_Result := v_Result || v_Cursor.NAME;

END LOOP;
        RETURN v_Result;
    END getLocation;

• Maximum no of records that we can show in infoarchive search ?