Hi!
I have a C# program, with which I want to change some attribute values of CS objects. I try to get an object via CWS then change it and save again. But when I use DocumentManagementService.GetNode, I get the following error:
Error loading Node.Metadata
Server stack trace:
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.ThrowIfFaultUnderstood(Message reply, MessageFault fault, String action, MessageVersion version, FaultConverter faultConverter)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)
Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at DocumentManagement.GetNode(GetNodeRequest request)
at DocumentManagementClient.DocumentManagement.GetNode(GetNodeRequest request)
I traced an error source to OpenText.Livelink.Service.DocMan.dll. In it's logs the error is:
2016-04-15 15:28:48,6992 ERROR [10] Error loading IntegerValue.Values
2016-04-15 15:28:48,6992 ERROR [10] Error loading AttributeGroup.Values
2016-04-15 15:28:48,6992 ERROR [10] Error loading Metadata.AttributeGroups
2016-04-15 15:28:48,6992 ERROR [10] Error loading Node.Metadata
It looks like the code tries to read an Integer value, but can't for some reasons. Now, one of our attributes has a string value, but it turns out that our custom OScript logic writes an Integer value to it. If I change the type of this attribute, the GetNode method works correctly, but it works only with new objects. If I press "Upgrade" button in old objects, then GetNode works too, but the value of an attribute is lost.
What can I do to fix this error with old objects?