I need to write a live report to display workflow attribute fields-- meaning the name of the field and the value that was selected from the drop down box. Where are the workflow attribute fields stored?
WFATTRDATA…
WF_ID
WF_ATTRID
WF_ATTRTYPE
WF_ENTRYNUM
WF_VALINT
WF_VALREAL
WF_VALDATE
WF_VALSTR
WF_VALLONG
They have the same codes for the characteristics as in regular Documents in WF_ATTRTYPE. If Oracle, use your DB tool to look at the data.
Colin J. Schmidt
Knowledgelink Support
CapitalOne | Collaboration Technology
From: eLink Entry: Content Server LiveReports Forum [mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com]Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2016 3:43 PMTo: eLink Recipient <devnull@elinkkc.opentext.com>Subject: Need to write a live report to display workflow attribute fields
Need to write a live report to display workflow attribute fields
Posted by Lipnicky, Pat On 08/03/2016 03:38 PM
[To post a comment, use the normal reply function]
Forum:
Content Server LiveReports Forum
Content Server:
Knowledge Center
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and/or proprietary to Capital One and/or its affiliates and may only be used solely in performance of work or services for Capital One. The information transmitted herewith is intended only for use by the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.
Thanks but I keep getting an error on nvalid object name 'WFATTRIBUTES'. So I am running SQL. I have about 70 attribute fields in the workflow instance and I am trying to return the results of 5 of them in my live report. The 5 fields are all Integer popup fields and I need to display the result that was selected from the dropdown list.
How can I retrieve those fields frm the WFATTRIBUTES table?
There is no WFATTRIBUTES table. There is WFATTRDATA.
From: eLink Entry: Content Server LiveReports Forum [mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com]Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2016 5:43 PMTo: eLink Recipient <devnull@elinkkc.opentext.com>Subject: Need to write a live report to display workflow attribute fields
Posted by Lipnicky, Pat On 08/03/2016 05:39 PM
Topic:
When I do a select from WFAttrData , I can see all of the attribute fields, but I can't find the name of the attribute field. When you create a workflow and you name the attributes, where is the name of the attribute stored. I can find the values but not the name (the descriptive name) of the attribute. What table is it stored in, and how can i display it in my report.
You have to go back to the CATREGIONMAP for the Category and Attribute name.
From: eLink Entry: Content Server LiveReports Forum [mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com]Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2016 3:07 PMTo: eLink Recipient <devnull@elinkkc.opentext.com>Subject: Need to write a live report to display workflow attribute fields 2
Need to write a live report to display workflow attribute fields 2
Posted by Lipnicky, Pat On 08/11/2016 03:04 PM
A WF map is a datastructure like a category and is a flat file. SQL tools cannot read it. WebReports can I think.
All the programming tools like LAPI, Oscript, WSAPI can read a WF structure.
Remember the logic of that map is put into several W* tables once you click a map to be
Initiated.
Perhaps this may help if you go to your search manager regions you will see Form Fields and WF Attribute fields
Perhaps the friendly name of the wf attribute can be found there
Having said that many companies who realize this is useful in queries will employ a programmer to put this
Info into custom tables for consumption.
This may also work.If you export a WF map using XMLExport you will see a <content section.That is base64
If you decode it you can see the friendly names.Opening up a map through its export also will I think provide
A readable file.
From: eLink Entry: Content Server LiveReports Forum [mailto:livereportsdiscussion@elinkkc.opentext.com]Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2016 3:45 PMTo: eLink Recipient <devnull@elinkkc.opentext.com>Subject: [EXTERNAL]RE Need to write a live report to display workflow attribute fields 2
RE Need to write a live report to display workflow attribute fields 2
Posted by Schmidt, Colin On 08/11/2016 04:45 PM
Ok, thanks for the information. However, I jsut want to make sure I understand. I am trying to find the names of the attributes I created in the workflow . They do not exists in the categories and attirubutes volume. THey were created as atrributes in the workflow only. So would the names still be in the catregionmap table?