Hi,
I'd like OT DEV to pick up on this. If there is a way for partner developers to report bugs, other than this forum, I'd be happy to hear it. Opening up a support ticket typically involves a lot of overhead. What I would like is for someone from OT DEV to look at this and confirm that this is a bug. I think it will look pretty obvious when you see it.
Yesterday we got a stack trace while editing SOV settings. The stack trace indicated that it was the core WebNode's Action-EditConfig2 function. In this function, it iterates through a node list, and if the node is not a valid DAPI node (by reason of permission or it just plain being missin'), it is meant to report the error. Here is the code block:

We discovered this error yesterday when our System Administrator was trying to add new and remove old extractors. The stack trace indicates that node is an error object and it has no pName feature (because it's an error not a DAPI node).
This doesn't occur often, and if I hadn't found this in the CS16 source, I wouldn't have bothered, but I would like to suggest an LPAD be created for this. Not many users will ever encounter this, but when it happens, it's usually while a system administrator is putting out fires, and this is the last thing he needs. I already created a patch for this bug for our CS 10.0 instance. Simply replace node.pName with nodeID and it should all just work.
-Hugh Ferguson