Hi,
I'm helping a client with a proof-of-concept. Among the many features that need to be proven is the ability to programmatically search. For what we're doing, I'm working primarily with the WS API (for one thing, I need to be able to demonstrate the handling of really big, i.e. up to 10 GB files, and I don't think REST can handle that). It sounds like the search WS API is not a viable option and clients are being pushed to using either the XML API (which appears to be wrapping calls to the web UI) or REST. My questions thus are as follows:
* What is the status of search WS API? Is the recommendation from OT still to not use this if possible?
* If I did need to do search by either XML API or REST, is there a way I can share authentication credentials between the two methods? If I can't have retrieval and search share the same API type, I'd like them to at least share an authentication token.
* Finally, are any of the programmatic approaches to search able to return either a summary or a thumbnail? In the POC, we will want to show users skimming through search results and finding the image or summary text, depending on whether the hit is a document or a drawing.
Thanks in advance
-Hugh Ferguson