Hi,
I would like to know where can I download the apicore module for Content Server 16.
I'm doing an upgrade from v9.7.1 to v16.x, and have that dependency.
In this picture, I saw that this module is available in v16 too:
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/cs.dll/74162712/CustomizationsRT.png?func=doc.Fetch&nodeid=74162712
Thanks for your support!
Regards
The apicore module was removed from the system when LAPI was removed. It is no longer supported and solutions should be changed to web services or ideally in most cases REST interfaces.
David
APICORE for CSv16? Posted byrui.umbelino@ixopen.pt (Umbelino, Rui)On 06/11/2018 08:31 AM Hi, I would like to know where can I download the apicore module for Content Server 16. I'm doing an upgrade from v9.7.1 to v16.x, and have that dependency. In this picture, I saw that this module is available in v16 too:https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/cs.dll/74162712/CustomizationsRT.png?func=doc.Fetch&nodeid=74162712 Thanks for your support!Regards[To post a comment, use the normal reply function]Forum:Content Server Development ForumContent Server:My Support
Thanks for your reply.
As I said, we need to upgrade a v9.7.1 windows to v16.x linux, and initially we are trying to make this as smoothly as possible.
We have an interface, that as some webservices, to communicate with the old LAPI.
Do you know that if we can get this "apicore 16.0.0", in v16, we still can use this interface to communicate with the old LAPI, until we change everything to CWS or Rest API?
-------------------------------
About change the old LAPI to CWS or REST API, maybe we know how can we change this quickly:
On our web services interface, we use something like this to call metods, inside a custom oscript module:
public LLValue GetPOLocations(String authenticationToken) throws Exception { this.fConnect.initCall("POGetLocations");
this.fConnect.marshall(); this.fConnect.fInArgs.add("AuthenticationToken", authenticationToken);
this.fConnect.execute(this.fConnect); this.fConnect.unMarshall(); if (this.fConnect.getStatus() != 0) { throw new Exception(this.fConnect.getApiError()); } return this.fConnect.fOutArgs.toValue("Locations");}
In the above example, we are calling the method "POGetLocations", with args "AuthenticationToken", and then return "Locations".
Do you know if we have some service in CWS or REST, that make the same?
Thanks!
[EXTERNAL] - Re APICORE for CSv16? Posted byrui.umbelino@ixopen.pt (Umbelino, Rui)On 06/13/2018 05:11 AM Hi,Thanks for your reply.As I said, we need to upgrade a v9.7.1 windows to v16.x linux, and initially we are trying to make this as smoothly as possible.We have an interface, that as some webservices, to communicate with the old LAPI.Do you know that if we can get this "apicore 16.0.0", in v16, we still can use this interface to communicate with the old LAPI, until we change everything to CWS or Rest API?-------------------------------About change the old LAPI to CWS or REST API, maybe we know how can we change this quickly:On our web services interface, we use something like this to call metods, inside a custom oscript module:public LLValue GetPOLocations(String authenticationToken) throws Exception { this.fConnect.initCall("POGetLocations"); this.fConnect.marshall(); this.fConnect.fInArgs.add("AuthenticationToken", authenticationToken); this.fConnect.execute(this.fConnect); this.fConnect.unMarshall(); if (this.fConnect.getStatus() != 0) { throw new Exception(this.fConnect.getApiError()); } return this.fConnect.fOutArgs.toValue("Locations");}In the above example, we are calling the method "POGetLocations", with args "AuthenticationToken", and then return "Locations".Do you know if we have some service in CWS or REST, that make the same?Thanks![To post a comment, use the normal reply function]Topic:APICORE for CSv16?Forum:Content Server Development ForumContent Server:My Support
What I gave was just an example, because we have other different methods that doesn't exists in CWS or Rest API, because they are very especific.
It wasn't our team that made that methods, or decided to use the old LAPI, so we are trying to find a solution that can be made easily, without break any current funcionality.
If we don't have, in CWS or Rest API, something that can be used to call methods inside OScript, this will not be an easy task for sure, right?
Thanks.
Re [EXTERNAL] - Re APICORE for CSv16? Posted byrui.umbelino@ixopen.pt (Umbelino, Rui)On 06/13/2018 05:53 PM What I gave was just an example, because we have other different methods that doesn't exists in CWS or Rest API, because they are very especific.It wasn't our team that made that methods, or decided to use the old LAPI, so we are trying to find a solution that can be made easily, without break any current funcionality.If we don't have, in CWS or Rest API, something that can be used to call methods inside OScript, this will not be an easy task for sure, right?Thanks.[To post a comment, use the normal reply function]Topic:APICORE for CSv16?Forum:Content Server Development ForumContent Server:My Support
Hi Rui,
The real problem I see is that you have waited that long to make an upgrade, so that the overlapping period that both webservices and lapi could be used has passed.
I propose that you involve somebody from Open Text or one of our partners to have a look at the LAPI calls used and make a plan on how to upgrade them to CS 16.
I hope the plan is to upgrade to 16.2.x and not to a 16.0 version.
Kind regards,
Hans Stoop
From: eLink Entry: Content Server Development Forum [mailto:development@elinkkc.opentext.com]Sent: Mittwoch, 13. Juni 2018 11:14To: eLink Recipient <devnull@elinkkc.opentext.com>Subject: [EXTERNAL] - Re APICORE for CSv16?
[EXTERNAL] - Re APICORE for CSv16?
Posted byrui.umbelino@ixopen.pt (Umbelino, Rui) On 06/13/2018 05:11 AM
[To post a comment, use the normal reply function]
Topic:
APICORE for CSv16?
Forum:
Content Server Development Forum
Content Server:
My Support