Hello All
Could someone kindly provide the code snippet to dynimcally create a word document and copy it to the local driver on the CS instance.
Thanks
Vijhay Devarajan.
A kind of a very unusual request.As such the <OTHOME> and its server should be considered not a place to manipulate in this day and age when security can be very suspect. Is there a reason why it has to be local to the server?
Here's Chris Webster a very respected OT Oscripter/Developer/Guru advising the potentially harmful effects of doing such an act
https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/cs.dll?func=ll&objId=76455857&objAction=viewincontainer
Further Livelink Oscript does not contain any obvious MS Office manipulation software. But that's not to say that it cannot do what you are asking for. For e.g DPS which uses those kinds of technology is now standard loaded into a CS. But I think you are on the hook to provide the MS office to it sorry have not used it myself. Livelink search system almost black boxed to us developers have plenty of word/ms office things in there if that wasn't there how would they FT Index word?
If you really want to do this in Oscript use the Java Methodology you have available which means the creation of word is basically done by java libraries but again from oscript, you will be able to do this.AnswerModules code allows you to actually do this I have seen an Excel Object and a Word Object so if you want to take that route to try them as well.
Livelink Follows this Mantra as evidenced in Oscript code, services code and such like
and I believe you will find a lot of examples Oscript that shows how to use LLIAPI and not use DAPI directly in these forums. Are you sure you have searched these forums to get a piece of code that allows you node creation? I wouldn't actually use the link I posted above to do node manipulation as I see a lot of direct DAPI things in them which I thought goes against the grain
Just my thoughts not saying anything is correct...
I am going to bite, why? This would seem like a perfect way to introduce malware/virus’ to the system. I hope, this is not the case and given the use case there may be other means of doing whatever is needed
David