Enterprise Library: Getting category type failed!

Hi All,

I was importing the EL metadata for xECM scenario. There are 4 EL metadata which I need to import under document model. It happened when I imported otx.sap.rm.SystemArchiveLink and immediately I got this attached error.

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException
Actor:
Code: ELService.Operation.GetTypeFailed
Lang:
Node:
Role:
Detail:

ELService.Operation.GetTypeFailed
Error getting object type!

ObjectTypeName
otx.sap.rm.SystemArchiveLink

EVENT_ID
Fri Oct 11 16:33:23 EDT 2019

CAUSE_MESSAGES
Getting category type failed!|An unknown error occurred.|

Not sure what is wrong with that Metadata.xml file, but I am not able to retrieve or see that in Enterprise library in admin client.

In CS - the same category got created under enterprise library types but wthout any attribute in it.

How to remove that category from EL and re-import again. Where does this saves in EL?

Regards
Ranjeet

Answers

• Have you contacted Ot Support? Most actions that you take manually within XECM will not be supported by them. In most cases, they might need to get from your logs in ECMLink etc so I would advise that.

• I raised ticket Appu, but we all know that, the support initial response. This is little urgent hence asked here. I don't think this is big issue, might be very minor config, I just don't know where to check manually those EL library types which got created inside some folder.

• It is difficult as the code is very tantamount to dropping references in many places so I would basically wait out the OT Support people in case you can attempt why not blow your setup
    And start from
    Scratch?
  • Hi Ranjeet
    Clearly there was some error at Content Server when creating the category. Was there a trace file generated?
    Unfortunately, these ELIB type definitions are not removable through the GUI.
    Was this the first of the types you tried to upload?

Thanks
    Adrian

Adrian Backler
    Customer Support

• ranjeetkub
    edited October 14, 2019 #6

Hi Adrian,

As per OT documentation for SAP xECM, enterprise library, there are 4 types which we need to import.

otx.sap.rm.Document
    otx.sap.rm.Folder
    otx.sap.rm.SystemArchiveLink
    otx.sap.rm.SystemPrintList

First I have created EL application, then under document model, started importing above files (which is downloaded from XECM software we received from SAP). While importing, first 2 otx.sap.rm.Document, otx.sap.rm.Folder, there was no issue, but while importing otx.sap.rm.SystemArchiveLink, I started getting above error (which I shared in my post). Now I can't either see application or any types under document model. Wherever I click anything its throws me that error.

Under content server-> Enterprise library volumes, I can see above EL application is got created. Under Enterprise Types -> I can see otx.sap.rm.SystemArchiveLink is been created, but without any attributes like ArchiveLink.DOCID etc. I tried to delete this category, but it did not allowed as its not supported.

Just want to inform you one thing. Content server is in load balancer. We got 3 nodes of CS. Enterprise library has been installed with Content server node 1 (which is primary node). As per config of Enterprise library, this is been linked to CS1. Now I am not sure if Enterprise library requires load balancer hostname or CS1 or 2 is ok. Is this the problem it might be linked to?

Regards
    RB

• Hi Ranjeet
    As Appu says, you would seem to have two choices. Work with OT Support Content Server experts to unpick the ELIB type - and then, I suppose reproduce the issue with detailed logging at ELIB and CS. Or, start over (and make sure you're patched properly).
    You didn't say if there were any trace files; it could also be there is a hint in ELIB logs from the time of the import. I would say that there should be some error before the "GetTypeFailed", which seems to be a consequence of the import failure.
    Thanks
    Adrian

Adrian Backler
    Customer Support