Opertaion failed - Failed to establish OTDS integration state in Enterprise Library - Admin client

Options

Trying to establish connection for Enterprise library , getting operation failed. and logs says Failed to establish OTDS integration.
Attaching the log file.
Any suggestion is highly appreciated

Thanks,
Archana

Comments

• when connecting from Administration client by using the otadmin@otds.admin as username getting operation timed out error

• strange

• com.opentext.livelink.service.core.ExceptionUtil -- Could not access server
    com.opentext.api.LLIOException: Could not access server

Does it not give you any clue?

What that means is the Livelink Server the one that looks like http:///llisapi.dll or livelink.exe is not there...

So try to make sure you have a proper Content Server that allows ELIB objects to be there

Most people doing this do not fully understand communications/architecture as ELIB is really a complicated setup and many places it can go wrong they mostly follow a "next, next" kind of deal which is typical of these errors.

Essentially your architecture should be looked like this

A leading App(SAP) ---->
    ------------>ELIB Web Services Stack(Now you deploy them in OTDS Server because it is Tomcat)
    ------------------------------------>ELIB Objects created by WS Code(Like ELIB Item, etc)
    --Optionally Archive Server( even though I say AS is optional I have used it in the scenario only which SAP was using RM Link and SAP Objects were already in AS)

Each of these is its own servers, communication protocols, etc.

My thought is your install is hosed and it would take OT eyes to fix it even if you made each component work on its own as the code
    is difficult to troubleshoot in a forum.

essentially I would have tried to make sure individual components are working completely and see if there are misconfigurations or patches that are wrongly put, wrong code components, etc.

Again you posted in XECM is that the product you want or ELIB?

• Thank you for the input.

I am trying to setup xECM and now trying to configure ELIB from the Administration client. I have AS, OTDS, ELIB on Linux all in one and CS in windows. now trying to establish connection but it says operation failed. Enterprise web services in not deployed on the Linux server.

• Dave Carpeneto
    edited December 4, 2019 #6
    Options

I have AS, OTDS, ELIB on Linux all in one

I've not gone near anything involving OTDS / Archive Server / Enterprise Library in a while, but FWIW I know using the same Tomcat used to be frowned upon from a support perspective. Might have been mentioned in the docs as well. But I cannot remember 100% on this, so feel free to ignore this (free advice is worth every penny).

Also, in the tickets I saw relating to this deployment style the issue was always performance - I don't think I ever saw a ticket relating to functionality for this. So likely not a factor here :smile:

@siegel: vi is an editor with two modes: one which destroys your input and the other which beeps at you

• So if you have a working CS server make sure you have port 2099(unless you changed it) listening for LAPI as the Web.Config in your OTDS
    should have HOST as your Content Server and 2099 that is how Webservices talk to the content server.If you run SOAP UI and run separate tests you can understand that also communication/authentication etc with CS "tunneled" through OTDS depends on whether OTDS is actually functioning, the MYSAPSSO2 ticket exchange etc. If you can prove SOAP UI works then you have a working CS so it is some misconfig on your setup

• Thanks Appu.

I am using port 2099 and CS is working and able establish connection with AS , OTDS.

We removed the inbound firewall on windows server where Cs is installed and Enterprise library is connecting now

• Thank you all and really appreciate your prompt advice and help.

• @arcdevi_5 Thanks for your comments, so, in the end, is this project about Enterprise Library or XECM?

• Hi Appu , Both Enterprise Library or XECM ,The issue was ELib configuration in Administartion client