OpenText OTCS and OTDS application deleted

Hi All,

We had successfully setup non-prod ILM for SAP system with OTCS, OTDS and OTAC.
OTCS & OTDS had been installed in one server and OTAC & Database has been installed in another server. Now the issue is that the infra team had accidentally decommissioned the server with OTCS & OTDS and there is no way of getting it reinstated.

I need some advice/recommendations on setting up the non-prod ILM once again.

1. New installation of OTCS & OTDS with existing database & OTAC and repoint the OTCS in SAP.
  2. New installation of OTCS & OTDS with a new database & OTAC, deleting the existing database and data in OTAC.
  3. Any other suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ravi

Comments

• Appu Nair
    edited January 13, 2020 #2

@Ravichandran Sukumar said:

From your post, it is not clear if the Archive part is something you would like to keep. For e.g when I look at Archive Server in my mind it only is in the data tier of the solution. For all practical purposes, the AS part is an independent entity and its database is intact.

The CS Systems Database is also in good condition so this is your key although if you had the Files that make up the CS Install like your building blocks like (Categories, Classifications, RM Classifications) lost which you probably shouldn't if they were stored in DB(blob) but one never knows.

OTDS is your main system that makes systems talk to each other like a "man in the middle" service as well as the new place for storing licenses et al. From what I remember making a system talk to SAP its authentication protocol can be made using MYSAPSSO2 cookie, which can now be done through OTDS as that is available OOB as an auth handler. Many things of late like license checks et al are now part of OTDS as well as creating users and groups in CS which is probably a resource and you probably want the SAP userid to come in like that.

I do not know how the SAP information can be reused. At best if you had PSE's that you sent to OTDS I would think you could send it again the same thing goes to any archives that are SAP related. The SAP info can be gleamed again if the CS info can be made.

So, in reality, the solution depends on what you are comfortable with as systems can actually run into catastrophic proportions but in my mind, I would weigh if throwing all of them out and starting afresh is better(it might be but I am thinking of the rework)

I would probably use the CS Database mounted on another DB, hook up a fresh CS install, connect it and at least then I have all the CS info. Perhaps I can use that to see what all I had done to make the solution work. This exercise is extremely trivial one creates CS installs with copies of the database almost very frequently so I wouldn't think it should be that difficult.

• Thanks a lot, @Appu_Nair for your recommendations.

Here is what will be plan will be:

Fresh install of CS application and then connect it to the existing database so that we can restore CS information.
    Fresh install of OTDS and ELIB services.
    Integrate OTCS, OTAC, and SAP as per production ILM configurations