Send Email to a Group in Workflow

Options

Hi,

I have a requirement to send notification to a group after completion of a task. How can i do that. Using Process Handler i can send email to only known email addresses, is there any way just we can configure group name and emails goes to all members in group.

Thanks,
Sagar

Comments

• > @lementree said: Sagar,
    Oscript is not a very popular language like Java or C# where you get a lot of developer samples by googling. We all learned as part of our career by learning intently.CSIDE or Builder previously has a lot of good introductory materials you should try doing simple things and see if you like it.I started in 1999 by learning by myself the 'addressbook' sample, then after several years of working in code got certified et al.The 'addressbook' now I think 'Contacts' sample introduces you to Node concepts, Request Handlers and so on. So what is your current knowledge on this?
    OT now advertises WR to be the most effective way of making code respond to requirements like this. Your Requirement would be so easy to be done in an "Event Script" but to do that you need a good knowledge of "Oscript".I wouldn't tamper with Process Step code or WF code if I were you. A WR Trigger fired under the right circumstances could be made to get the emails and send it although WR many useful Objects are prevented to be accessed by the WR programmer.WR Triggers are Event Scripts or Callbacks... Other workarounds would be to make all the members of a group a DL and use that for the step performer's email. Also if WF users were trained for WF Assignments they would get it whether you sent it to form the process. Also what is your version of LL I see a lot of useful things added in LL WF so maybe they have already introduced this as part of the anvil.XML WF Extensions was the go-to thing before WR WF Extensions came into prowess.
  • lementree
    edited February 15, 2020 #3
    Options

Thanks @Appu Nair,

I am currently on ContentServer 16.2.10. I have some basic knowledge on Oscipt, I went through CSIDE course. I didn't find "Contacts" sample. Can you please provide me link to that.

Thanks,
    Sagar

• Are you able to see this link https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll?func=ll&objId=67794710&objAction=browse&viewType=1 if not check with OT if your ID has access to SDK.

I looked perhaps "Contacts" or "Recipients" is only a paid classroom training. If you have access to a version 10 or before Livelink and if you install "Builder" which is the program CSIDE uses to do this you will find an "addressbook" step by step example,that is what my memory tells me the 'Contacts' or 'Recipients' does perhaps OT changed those names in new training because both these modules are in active use by the transmittals team.

You may find erstwhile developers sharing parts of code in the old forum https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll?func=ll&objId=765419&objAction=view

• Hi @Appu Nair,

Can you please provide the link to course for "Contacts" or "Recipients" is only a paid classroom training.

Thanks,
    Sagar

• All training courses are available at https://www.opentext.com/products-and-solutions/services/training-and-learning-services/course-catalog/opentext-content-suite-training-offerings